+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Overreacting to "cheating"

Overreacting to "cheating"

Whenever my girlfriend accuses me of flirting with another woman, she gets mad. She thinks flirting or looking is the same as cheating, and she thinks that since I'm "cheating," she will kick me in the nuts. I can understand doing that if someone were actually cheating, but kicking me in the nuts for looking is a bit much. Do women see flirting as cheating? I might be friendly, but I don't flirt.

No, I don't see looking as cheating, though I think that being discreet is important.

As far as kicking you in the nuts goes, this is assault. She may not like what you're doing, but nothing gives her the right to assault you. Dump her. Or if there are witnesses, press charges on her.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 12-05-14 at 11:08 PM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Flirting is not good when in a relationship, I think you both need to find a compromise as you find it ok and she doesn't so meet somewhere in the middle. If you're in a serious relationship though why do you feel the need to flirt, I find flirting to be disrespectful in a relationship and don't feel the need to do it, what type of flirting are you talking about?

Are you flirting or is she just crazy jealous for no reason?? You dont say whether your actually flirting or not. What do you mean by being friendly?

If you ARE flirting then I agree with the others. Thats untrustworthy behavior and I would dump you if you were my bf. We all have eyes, we all glance occassionally but staring, flirting, being overly friendly, hand holding, leg rubbing, winking, compliments, hugging, cuddling etc is all cheating in my opinion.

Even if you have no intention of cheating, your still humiliating her in public and making other people think you cant be trusted which makes her feel bad and look like a doormat. It also makes her insecure, hurt and jealous. And it makes you look like a sleaze

There is nothing worse than having all your friends corner you and tell you "omg your bf and so and so were flirting all day". Ive been there and at the time I was too young, naive and stupid to see the red flag but then I found out he cheated and dumped him
    Last edited by michelle23; 13-05-14 at 05:28 AM.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Flirting is cheating, looking and even fantasizing is not. Physical violence is always wrong though (except when it's used as a defense, in some cases). You should dump her.
    Last edited by searock; 13-05-14 at 03:38 AM.

She should dump you for flirting. Your big ego and ignorance are hurting her feelings.

Maybe next time you'll find someone who enjoys flirting and looking indescreetly at every good guy she sees. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Valixy; 13-05-14 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valixy View Post
    She should dump you for flirting. Your big ego and ignorance are hurting her feelings.

Maybe next time you'll find someone who enjoys flirting and looking indescreetly at every good guy she sees. Enjoy.
    Totally agree with Val...

I don't think it's cheating but its certainly disrespectful to the one you proclaim to love. It's particularly distasteful if you're doing it with another girl in front of your SO.

I suspect you're being more then just "friendly" if she's winding up to hoof you in the ballzzzz. Grow up, Op and start showing your partner the respect a significant other should be given over just some other chick.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I don't see flirting as cheating and I don't mind my boyfriend looking. It's natural. Although your girlfriend to me sounds extremely insecure.
    As far as flirting goes I think some people do it without realising it, however I draw a line at telling other girls they're beautiful or calling them baby or leading them on.

If you're not doing any of that then look a little deeper, your girlfriend sounds mad about you! Literally.
    Us girls can feel very threatened by other women especially when we are insecure, just try to make sure she knows how much you want her and no one else.

As for kicking you in the balls it's out of order. She has to enable you to live a life of your own as well as with her. People need to be able to breathe.

Did any of you see the final line in his post? HE DOESN'T FLIRT. She's just an insecure, abusive nutcase
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

We still need more facts-maybe his definition of flirting is different to ours
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I define flirting as being friendly, only with more chemistry. I broke up with her, so it doesn't matter now.

Good for her. Hopefully next time, she'll find a guy who is more discreet when checking out other girls.

It takes 2 to tango

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lf90 View Post
    I define flirting as being friendly, only with more chemistry. I broke up with her, so it doesn't matter now.
    "Friendly with more chemistry?" Whats that mean ~ you take it until you have movement in your jeans? WTF?

I think you've disrespected her and you're not happy that she doesn't put up with it. Yes, she's probably much better off without you.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion