+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm sleeping with my best friend who is also my ex boyfriend's friend!

I'm sleeping with my best friend who is also my ex boyfriend's friend!

In a nutshell, my boyfriend cheated on me several times so we had a pretty messy break up. I tried rebounding but casual sex didn't seem very me. My best friend and I met up for a few drinks and a "oh screw my life I hate men" day so we drank a lot of wine.

He stayed the night for convenience but somehow we ended up sleeping together twice. We pretty much cuddled for a good 12 hours after. Ever since, we've been constantly texting and he's being really sweet to me. I don't know what to think of this. I know it's wrong because he is friends with my ex but then again, he did cheat on me.

Have I made a huge mistake? I think he kinda likes me.

Isn't there an " implicit rule" that you don't sleep with your ex's friend no matter what?

Who gives a shit! If you two are happy with one another, and this guy is willing to treat you right, then go for it.....your ex can go blow goats!

BTW the only one risking anything is this guy. If he is willing to lose his friendship with your ex, then that just goes to show you he thinks your ex is a douche too.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Who gives a shit! If you two are happy with one another, and this guy is willing to treat you right, then go for it.....your ex can go blow goats!

BTW the only one risking anything is this guy. If he is willing to lose his friendship with your ex, then that just goes to show you he thinks your ex is a douche too.
    ^^ this. Pretty much exactly what I was going to write.....including the phrase "who gives a shit"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chinagirl View Post
    Isn't there an " implicit rule" that you don't sleep with your ex's friend no matter what?
    Why should she consider the feelings of an asshole ex?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

How do you know this friend isnt just as bad as your ex or worse?? Men like your ex normally stick together so you could be making the same mistake again.

If you think hes genuine though you should go for it. F**k your ex. He doesnt deserve consideration
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Why should she consider the feelings of an asshole ex?

There's always two sides to a story.

She may not give a **** about her ex but at least the other guy should be upfront with his friend and let him know what's going on.

I know it's easy to say not to give a **** about someone who screwed up big time but that does not mean that the friend should not do right by him. Whatever happened with the GF and the ex BF is between them, not him... So the guy still needs to respect the friendship and be upfront with his friend.

And if their relationship didn't work out (sounds like a rebound to me), then the guy may have just lost a friend.
    Last edited by chinagirl; 14-05-14 at 08:08 AM.

Have I made a huge mistake?
    Time will tell.

My best friend and I met up for a few drinks
    He's your best friend he's not your ex's friend. You or your new sexual partner (your best friend) do not owe your ex a damn thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless of course you met your "best friend" through your ex in which case I would imagine that the "friendship" caused a lot of trouble with you and your ex. So who did you know first. Your ex or your "best friend?"
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion