+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guys that flirt....

Guys that flirt....

To all the guys and gals on the boards, why do men feel the need to flirt (if you do) when in a committed relationship, is it attention, something missing, low self esteem or just seen as innocent, or something I'm missing?

It's not just guys, women do it too. They do it for the attention, ego boost, boosts self esteem.

I know they do, I was just asking for guys perspectives on it, if they did it and why......your answer is what I thought as well.

I dont no about other men but I feel that even if your in a committed relationship it is healthy to flirt to keep some excitement and heat in the relationship

I think thats BS. If your bf is flirting with other women then why are you still with him? It shows a lack of respect and a lack of important boundaries. People who think flirting is "harmless" are the ones who end up eventually having an affair and walking out on their family. Its not innocent at all. Its mind f**king, manipulative, cruel, humiliating and hurtful

and ya they probably are insecure
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Sorry if I was not clear I only meant flirting with the person you are with I also think it is disrespectful if he was to be be flirting with a different person

It wasn't personal to me at all, it was a question I put to the board as it was a debate a few of us were having at work yesterday and there were a decided split between the guys and gals and I thought I would ask a wider audience.

I too thinks it's inappropriate and unhealthy and shows a complete lack of respect and wouldn't be one to tolerate, however it was the actions of it I was questioning because I believe it's an ego boost the reason why people do it.

Just because we're in a relationship doesn't mean we're dead. Flirting would be a bit much, but it depends on what you consider to be flirting.

Co-workers flirt with each other, it doesn't mean they want to jump into your pants, or jump out of their pants.

Nothing wrong with a small flirty comment here and there.....what are you guys? Nuns?

Keeps the juices flowing....especially when you get older

Everyone flirts. Its disrespectful when done in front of your SO and when its over the top solicitation and innuendo and then it should be shut down pronto ... IMNSHO.
    It's human nature to do and I do not believe for one minute anyone that says they never do it when in a relationship. They do indeed do it to some degree and at certain times. Like I said, it's human nature and its even done in the wild... Male peacocks don't stop fanning their plumes just because Mrs. Cock is in the picture.

I think Its the ones that are threatened by flirting particularly when done without carnal intent that are the insecure ones. I also think it becomes less threatening with age to those that are rabidly in fear of it.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

....yes. Not in plain view of my wife. That would kinda piss her off