+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to play the "Ignore but Highly Interested" Game?

How to play the "Ignore but Highly Interested" Game?

So, normally when a girl ignores me I just move on. I take that as a no, even if it isn't, I don't don't really time to figure out and there's of other options available.

But this one chick, she constantly makes eye contact and responds positively to my touch. Sure we may not speak each others languages perfectly, but the Spanish barrier has rarely been a problem for me in the past, and I've actually become rather fluent these days anyway. She's never shied away from conversation, which is interesting because for the most part she doesnt' really talk to anyone else lol.

So anyway, I asked her out, she hasn't responded.

99% of the time this means NO.

However, her body and eye language said otherwise the last several days (We work together in Catering).

Is she waiting for me to "Make the Move" at this point? Bear in mind that's rather difficult to "Make the Move" while at work, especially a Catering Hall that only does weddings.

But if that's what she wants, I'll find the time and give it to her.

So, ladies, what do think here? Move on? It's tempting to move on, but as just as tempting to actually give this a shot.

What do you mean she never responded? You asked her out and she said nothing?

Ask her out to her face.

Yea.. just how did you ask her out? Did you put a note in the dumb waiter addressed to her?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Yea.. just how did you ask her out? Did you put a note in the dumb waiter addressed to her?
    We were talking on facebook a couple of hours after work. She noticed my pictures of New York City (since I was there last week), she told me she had never been to the city and the places I had visited were beautiful. I said I was going in next Saturday and she would be welcome to come with me.

And listen, I've made plenty of invitations online before and never really had a problem, it is the year 2014.

In fact I would have considered it somewhat awkward to have not asked at that moment, online or not.

Then she went radio silent and I will see her tomorrow (Friday) in order to ask her once more. I don't even understand why someone would suddenly go silent like that. It's not I messaged her out of the blue and asked.

I don't have time for games, and I have plenty of other options to move on to. So what your advice for tomorrow? Try to make a move (if she's still interested in me) or ask her out (only)? If I make a move I'm asking her out shortly after anyway.
    Last edited by King Solomon; 16-05-14 at 10:16 AM.

Im with you on the asking online, ive been asked out over facebook before and not thought anything odd about it. Tomorrow i woulds just try and act normal and see how she is around you, if she still seem intrested and not awkward then yeah make a move for on it, like you said sod the games, go for honesty, you want to ask her out so do.

Do you live close to New York City? If not, she might be taken aback from the hugeness of your invitation. Just ask her out on a regular date close by, not on a romantic getaway with a guy she works with. Yes, talk to her tomorrow.

I say yer friend zoned and all she is doin is digging your attention. Sometimes they flutter their eyes to just play along. It's normal for young girls to flirt without intent.

Quote Originally Posted by King Solomon View Post
    So, normally when a girl ignores me I just move on. I take that as a no, even if it isn't, I don't don't really time to figure out and there's of other options available.
    This is the best option. Games are for children.

Quote Originally Posted by King Solomon View Post
    . I said I was going in next Saturday and she would be welcome to come with me.

Then she went radio silent
    I don't even understand why someone would suddenly go silent like that. It's not I messaged her out of the blue and asked.
    It's just like you messaged her out of the blue and asked. AND: You really didn't ask her out on a date, you told her she was welcome to join you which likely took her aback like in: Gee is he asking me out on a date or is this a "since I'm going anyway why don't you tag along." kind of thing.

If you don't have time for games then just ask her out for coffee when you see her at work tomorrow and ease her into New York by making it clear that you'd love for her to join you. If it's an over-night thing then that would have really taken her aback if she's not into doing such things with someone she's never spent any real one-on-one time with.

Just some things to consider.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    It's just like you messaged her out of the blue and asked. AND: You really didn't ask her out on a date, you told her she was welcome to join you which likely took her aback like in: Gee is he asking me out on a date or is this a "since I'm going anyway why don't you tag along." kind of thing.

If you don't have time for games then just ask her out for coffee when you see her at work tomorrow and ease her into New York by making it clear that you'd love for her to join you. If it's an over-night thing then that would have really taken her aback if she's not into doing such things with someone she's never spent any real one-on-one time with.

Just some things to consider.
    Many of us on Long island take a train to work in the city everyday. I was actually stunned by her admission that she had never been to the city before. It's 45 minute ride maximum (and no more than $20 round trip). It usually takes more time and money to drive even one-fourth that distance.

But hey, I'll let y'all know how it goes today! ¡

She lives on Long Island and she's never ventured into New York? Yea... I'm really thinking you shocked her. She sounds very inexperienced to the point of living a rather sheltered existence.

When we went to New York City we stayed in NJ and took the train into Manhattan every morning for our day of fun. If she's never even done that then perhaps she's very shy/innocent etc. Which would explain her not even answering you.

Anyway... you'll find out soon enough. Good luck.