+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Emotionally damaged women/men?

Emotionally damaged women/men?

My friend is a complete wreck. She loved this man who turned out to be a douche. He is a manwhOre and he has left his own family to date dirty women. He left my friend because he kept cheating and meeting sluts.

She left him but still has him in her mind. She cries whenever she thinks about him seriously.
    She has tried to distract herself by looking at other guys. One guy has managed to catch her interest but that interest is also fleeting.
    She has no love or affection for him just a fleeting crush and trying to distract herself through him.
    But ultimately her heart and mind is set on her ex.
    She has closed the romance chapter of her life saying she will never love anyone again. She loved her ex too much and cannot give his place to anyone.

This guy she is interested in is 8 years older to her and single. He also seems emotionally damaged as he lost his mother in his early twenties. And inspite of being surounded by beautiful women, never dates anyone. Is intelligent amd career focussed.

What is my friend doing? How do I help her? She is usually alright. But her love life is closed as she says.
    This guy and her both have birthdays in the same month and are from same state.

But she wont date him. She says she can admire him but cant touch or date him or any other.

What do I do? She is 23.

You need serious therapy to get over your ex. You're only 23 and very young. You'll fall in love again... And next time, make sure you don't fall for another jerk. Be wise in picking someone who will love you and make you a priority in his life.

What do you do? You do nothing. This is her life and she sounds like a total drama queen to be honest. She just needs to take the time to figure out herself and why she would date a man that dated "dirty women" and "sluts." WTF does that make your friend since she dated him too?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion