+ Follow This Topic

Thread: emotional eating

emotional eating

Hey..
    I just want to ask a question from all of you how do you avoid from emotional eating..??
    share with me

I try to keep busy, if i have things to do i dont have time to eat, i get out the house, hit the gym, go for a walk, whatever. That or while in a strong mood will shop buying only healthy things and then give my credit card to a trusted friend, then there is nothing good to eat even if i want something.

i don't know that many guys who emotionally eat but i would say get outside, do sports, go for a run, walk your dog anything to put the fork or spoon down. if you want to eat have some fruit or chew gum for awhile the chewing might trick yourself into not thinking about actual food.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Man I think you should ask these questions on bodybuilding forum. Would get more and better response you know.

forum.bodybuilding.com
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by shuglain View Post
    Hey..
    I just want to ask a question from all of you how do you avoid from emotional eating..??
    share with me
    I do the opposite. I cant eat. My appetite is gone when I am going through it....

Anyway, try to channel your energy doing other things. Keep busy...if you must eat, eat the right things. Fruit, fruit/protein smoothies etc. Try not to pig out on fattening foods.

I love fruit and eat it all the time, but I'm no healthy eater personally. I don't care, I eat what I want lol.

Fruits can make you fat Star. Veggies are safe. You can eat unlimited veggies and its good for you.
    I been eating when bored in teenage years but never gained weight.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Are you sure? A friend of mine went on a diet to lose her baby weight. She created her own diet. She ate only fruits and veggies for three days out of the week, and for the rest of the week she only did grilled or baked lean meats and veggies and she didn't eat sweets or sodas. She drank plenty of water too. Her skin looked so clear and she looks good. She lost like 30 lbs of her baby weight in about 10 weeks. If that's not the case about the fruit then I guess Leave out the fruit or eat it in moderation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Fruits can make you fat Star. Veggies are safe. You can eat unlimited veggies and its good for you.
    I been eating when bored in teenage years but never gained weight.
    High metabolism?

I always eat whatever I want because my family can cook and I like to eat but dancing really kept me in shape.