+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does he really think?

What does he really think?

I have been dating this guy for almost 3 months. He just got out of a long relationship about 6 months ago, I am not sure exactly why they broke up but I know she moved to Alabama and is now living with her new boyfriend. The guy I have been seeing is clearly not over her ... he texts/talks to her everyday saying things like he misses her and wishes she was here. She hardly responds to him most of the time and from what I have gathered its more of shes over him but hes not over her. I have asked him about it and he tells me that yes he misses her, but theres no way they will ever work things out, and that he really does have feelings for me and likes what we have right now....

I dont know how to really handle this or if I should even continue to see this guy... I REALLY REALLY like him and we get along great but i feel like im going to end up just wasting my time. when we are together hanging out or in public he treats me like a normal new boyfriend should. Hes brought me around his friends and his family already ... what confuses me is that If i tag him in any of our pics on FB or post on his wall he wont approve the posts/tags or he deletes them so that his ex cant see them again I asked about it and he said its because she told him that if he started seeing someone she didnt want to know. ...... And then last night she calls him at 2:30 am, he answers, gets out of bed, and goes downstairs outside for an hour. he said she called upset cuz she thinks her boyfriend is cheating on her....

Am I being kept around just so that he doesnt feel lonely or maybe as a rebound? should I just see how and where this goes for a while or do I just let it go cuz he isnt ready for what Im looking for????

Tell your BF to cut the cord. You are his GF not her and she needs to be calling her mom or GF if she needs help. This call at 2:30am from her is inappropriate. He should have not answered. Put your damn foot down and explain to him there is only room for two in this relationship and three is a crowd. Ask him how would he feel if your ex BF phoned you at 2:30 am because he was having GF problems.....I bet he would be pissed about it. Grow a spine girl. Tell him your expectations, and how you feel. If he isn't ready for what you want, then say good-bye......stop wasting your time.
    Last edited by smackie9; 17-05-14 at 09:01 AM.

Thanks, your right.... I guess the real problem is maybe that I want to not be alone anymore so bad that I am just allowing it .... idk uggh this just became a whole other issue lol

Yes it's opening your eyes to what you are doing.....ignoring all the red flags.