+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Still feel the same way, why?

Still feel the same way, why?

My ex-girlfriend and I broke up towards the end of September, last year. The reason we broke up is because she told me she did not believe that I loved her. After we broke up I realized what I had lost and did everything to try and win her back. We were together for two and a half years, she was my first, but I was not hers. She was 20 and I was 18 when we started dating. When we were together we would see each other basically everyday. I knew for a fact she never cheated on me, and I never cheated on her. We both stopped seeing most of our friends. At one point we had an apartment together and even got a cat that we called our child.
    After we broke up we still continued to see each other. It went from seeing each other everyday to maybe 2-3 times a week. I was in shock during this period because all I thought about is why doesn't she want to see me as much as I want to see her? My life would revolve around her. When she called, I went running, usually picking her up from where ever she was, sleeping over her place, then giving her a ride to work the next morning. After we broke up my life went to shit. I forgot about school, completely lost motivation and failed all my classes. I also almost lost my job because all I could think about was her.
    Fast forward one and a half months after we broke up, I found out she was seeing someone else who was a coworker of hers; mind you I got her her current job, which made me feel even shittier. At first she was apologetic about the whole situation, she admitted she slept with him once, right after we broke up and regrets it and hopes I will forgive her about it. As time went on I kept learning more and more things about her and this guy. How when she was not with me, she was with him, and when she was not with him, she was with me. I knew I was getting two timed but I couldn't get the strength to get up and leave. There have been periods when we went two weeks without talking, mainly because I would blow her off and not reply to her, but eventually give in.
    Now, about two months ago she told me that they made things official and they are currently in a relationship with each other. After I found this out, my way of thinking completely changed. I used to do everything for her, but now I do nothing for her. We still see each other, about once a week and when we do see each other we do have sex and then proceed she proceeds to cry in my arms about how much she still loves me. After I found out about her and her new relationship, I slept with two other girls. I told her about the first one, but the second one she found out about. She tells me that our relationship is too damaged to fix, and I agree with her, but I still don't feel like I can let this go. Till this day, I wake up every morning thinking about her, why she is not with me, how lonely I feel. At first I revoked to drugs and alcohol to fix my problems but now I have been thinking about productive things to do to keep my mind off of her. I feel like finding a new girl would help me but I cant seem to get myself to do that. It feels impossible to get out there and meet new people because I'm stuck in the same group of friends with the same job at the same school. There are so many exciting things going on in my life, my parents buying their first house, me finally getting my pharmacy technician position at work, going to Florida on vacation next month, yet I am still sad, as sad as the day we first broke up. Lately I have been forcing myself to blow her off, but I still give in and see her. What do I do? I feel miserable, she is my everything, I love her so much but I am not in control of the situation. Can I ever get her back? Should I take her back? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

You need to do everything in your power not to get in touch with this girl anymore. She's sleeping with you and her current BF. That's very SICK...

A new GF will not help you either and is not fair to the new girl since you still have feelings for your old GF.. You need to get over your past relationship before venturing into a new one.

Focus on your life, new career, make new friends, explore new hobbies, anything.

Delete this girl from your life. She's nothing but trouble to you and her BF.

You'll never get over her as long as you keep being fine with being her piece on the side. If she doesn't want to break up with the other guy then you're her dirty little secret. Does the other guy know about you?

Anyway: Do what China suggests and just stop any and all contact with her. There are far better women out there then someone like her who is a cheater and a user. She cheats on him and she uses you.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by chinagirl View Post
    You need to do everything in your power not to get in touch with this girl anymore. She's sleeping with you and her current BF. That's very SICK...

A new GF will not help you either and is not fair to the new girl since you still have feelings for your old GF.. You need to get over your past relationship before venturing into a new one.

Focus on your life, new career, make new friends, explore new hobbies, anything.

Delete this girl from your life. She's nothing but trouble to you and her BF.
    Do you have any suggestions on how to do this? I feel like im very weak hearted, I can ignore her calls for only so long. Eventually I just give in and pick up or text her back. I was thinking about blocking her number but I cant even seem to get myself to do that. I just have such strong feelings for this girl. Everyone told me it would take a couple months and I would be over it but here I am eight months later still feeling the same way. Its ridiculous, I dont know what to do with myself. Honestly I still want her back.

When you feel like calling her, call a friend instead and talk to that friend or go on "love forum" and try to give advice to people who are on the same shoe as you are in (that was a joke but it might help).

When she calls you, ignore it and force yourself to go out whether it is for a nice walk, jogging or anything to get your mind off her. Keep yourself busy.

You don't really want her. You just miss the life that you had with her. It's difficult but it's something you have to do and go through before things get better. And you need to get used to being alone for awhile so the next time you fall in love and break up, you will not be so afraid of being alone.

The reason why you feel the same after eight months is because you never really totally cut her off. Delete her permanently then you will slowly transition into a better life.

Life without her is better than having a piece of her every now and then. Trust me, you would prefer to have a GF all to yourself than to share one with somebody.
    Last edited by chinagirl; 17-05-14 at 11:49 AM.

The reason why you feel the same after eight months is because you never really totally cut her off. Delete her permanently then you will slowly transition into a better life.
    ^^^ This ^^^
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by chinagirl View Post
    When you feel like calling her, call a friend instead and talk to that friend or go on "love forum" and try to give advice to people who are on the same shoe as you are in (that was a joke but it might help).

When she calls you, ignore it and force yourself to go out whether it is for a nice walk, jogging or anything to get your mind off her. Keep yourself busy.

You don't really want her. You just miss the life that you had with her. It's difficult but it's something you have to do and go through before things get better. And you need to get used to being alone for awhile so the next time you fall in love and break up, you will not be so afraid of being alone.

Life without her is better than having a piece of her every now and then. Trust me, you would prefer to have a GF all to yourself than to share one with somebody.
    This makes perfect sense. Do I let her know what I am about to do or do I just go ahead and do it? I have tried cutting her off so many times but always end up giving in, but this time im serious. She always tells me things like im her only motivation in life and her goal in life is to make me proud. Things like this give me hope and always draw me back in but now im starting to feel like its all BS. Also, I have this feeling that I will be alone for the rest of my life. Is this normal? Its so hard for me to meet new people. What do I do to get myself out there? Thank you.