+ Follow This Topic

Thread: GF gone all strange with me!?!?! advice req'd

GF gone all strange with me!?!?! advice req'd

Hi guys,

I am at my wits end here, and I could really do with some advice on this.

I started seeing my GF about 2 months ago. We hit it off really quickly! We got on really really well and thoroughly enjoyed each other's company.
    She would phone me at least twice a day and text me A LOT throughout every day. Things were great, I really liked her and I could tell that she really liked me!!!

A few days ago, we met up and and we had our first proper fight. It was an argument about political views, which just escalated. It was stupid really.

Since then, she has not been texting or phoning NEARLY as much!!!
    In fact, when she does call, she just gets really annoyed with me!?!?!? She says that everything I say just annoys her?!?! She gets very frustrated with me. I cant say anything right. I cant say anything at all without her saying a negative comment back.
    The phonecalls are really short too and they used to go on for about an hour!!!

I dont understand this at all. I am REALLY good to her, I give her ANYTHING she wants, I regularly buy her things as a surprise, and regularly pay for nights/weekends away. I always compliment her and reassure with any issues she has going on in her life.
    I really dont know what I have done wrong here?!?!
    Has she just lost interest me??? Have I spoiled her too much and she is just being a brat??? Could that stupid fight that we had, have really been enough to break up completely or make her think that we are not compatible???
    One thing to bare in mind, is that she has been working 14 hour shifts for a few days in a row, and it doesnt help that she hates her job.
    Could it be that she is just really tired and ratty through work???

I have asked her if everything is ok with us, and that just REALLY annoys her even more!!! She says she hates guys that need reassurance or guys that are "needy". I dont think I am being needy, I am only wanting to know where I stand!!

I am hoping that it is just her work that is getting her down at the moment and that she will be fine again in a couple of days, but the problem is, is that I am VERY insecure and weak when it comes to relationships, and right now, I am feeling REALLY down!!!!

What should I do here??? If I just do not contact her and give her the cold shoulder for a few days, then the days will pass REALLY slow for me and they will be terrible for me to get through, plus I think she will just use that against me.
    BUT, I also dont want to keep texting her or whatever, as that may just annoy her even more?!?!

I genuinly feel like I dont deserve this. I have spoke to my friends about this (male and female), and they have all said to ditch her, as I am a nice guy that deserves to be treated with respect!!!
    I dont want to ditch her, as I really like her!!!!

I am really really lost here, I need some advice from a neutral party, hence this message on here.

Please help me out folks.

Cheers

Dunc1n

I'm a woman and I'm telling you to ditch the girl!

She's not into you and never was into you. This has nothing to do with your fight and her miserable job.

And why do you say you don't want to ditch her? You've only been going out for two months. Do you want to be treated like a doormat that she can step all over all the time?

Stop being weak and insecure. You need to grow up. Unless you do that, you will always find girls who will take advantage of your generosity and kindness.
    Last edited by chinagirl; 19-05-14 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chinagirl View Post
    Stop being weak and insecure. You need to grow up. Unless you do that, you will always find girls who will take advantage of your generosity and kindness.
    That is MUCH easier said than done Im afraid. I am trying to sort this out. I am going to therapy to try and get this sorted.

She definately WAS into me, as like I said before, she would always phone and text all the time (and this was before I would buy her things etc). She may not be now though, but this is why I am asking what I have done?!?!

Maybe I should just ditch her.......... hurts though...

Yes, you're right... Breaking up with her is easier said than done but REMEMBER... It's easier to live your life alone than to live with someone who is always miserable and annoyed at you.

No, I'm afraid she was never into you you. Trust me... As a woman, in my life I've gone out with someone I was never into because he was super nice. I was hoping that one day my feelings would change and I will learn to care for the guy ( not that I didn't like him, I did because he was nice but not the way he would've wanted me to want him). That never happened and towards the end he became more of a nuisance to me. Everything he did was annoying until I couldn't take it anymore and just dumped him.

You better ditch the girl first before she dumps you. If that happens, that will affect more of your self esteem.

Go to therapy but don't do it for her. Do it for you ... Work on building your confidence level.

It's all about growing a spine. Don't talk to her at all. If she asks why you have stop texting her, tell her you don't like being treated like crap, so until she changes her attitude, you will not contact her. That will give her something to think about. Trust me, when you stand up for yourself, you will earn respect from her. If you don't then she is a crazy bitch that doesn't deserve to go out with you. Stand your ground!

Just a couple of days ago I was discussing political differences with a friend. We both agreed that we could not possibly date a person who was as far to the right as we were to the left. (And I'm sure that person on the other side would find our attitudes equally repugnant)

You didn't say what the argument was about, but if your opinions were very divided, she may have realised that your and her ideological differences make you incompatible.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I really think people arent giving her or your relationship a chance in these replies (sorry to be the odd one out). I guess it just depends how 'into' (i hate that wording but cant think) her you are. If you really like her, used to get on really well and think she really likes you back then i would say give it a little time. I know i love my bf to bits but sometimes after we have a fight the next day im just sat there thinking 'god everything that comes out your mouth is so stupid' And if we hadnt just argued i probably would have laughed. Sometimes it takes a while for the tensions to lower after an argument and the people involved will then fight about litterally nothing in the following days just because tensions are high. I recomend leaving it at least a week for things to settle down, what difference will it make if you break up? none, being with her another week surely cant be that much of a hardship, and if after that week things are back to getting along thats got to be good right? Dont rush into leaving someone if you think the relationship has a chance, there tends to not be a way to go back. I think in situations like this you already know what you want to do and sometimes thats the problemm, just ask yourself if you honestly (ignoring the silly fight) think the relationship has a chance? Thats your answer what to do

Follow ^^ advice if you want to be treated like a doormat...

Or if you dont want to chuck away a potentially good relationship over nothing. Yeah stay in a relationship if you HONESTLY think it stands a chance, afwul idea, really? One argument is walk out on people, god nowonder its so hard to get a long term relationship tesedays
    Last edited by fumble; 19-05-14 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fumble View Post
    Or if you dont want to chuck away a potentially good relationship over nothing. Yeah stay in a relationship that you HONESTLY think stands a chance, afwul idea, really? One argument is walk out on people, god nowonder its so hard to get a long term relationship tesedays
    Better to be alone than to be with a long term relationship with an abusive partner who treats you like crap.

You're young, what do you know. You have more growing up to do.

Two days off silly tiffs is hardly an abusive partner. And You have no idea what i have been through so dont you dare tell me to grow up

I'm in the middle on this. Yes he needs to grow a set. He needs to put his foot down and tell her she needs change her behavior. If she is still acting like a stupid _unt, don't waste your time dump her ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fumble View Post
    Two days off silly tiffs is hardly an abusive partner. And You have no idea what i have been through so dont you dare tell me to grow up
    You both need to STFU....