+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is my relationship too good to be true, or is it real?

is my relationship too good to be true, or is it real?

Me and my gf have only been together for 3 weeks (she's 18 I'm 20) I love this girl to death, she is the flower to my spring and I would do anything for her. I am in a bind right now and got arrested and everything, lost my job but I am still trying my hardest to get one. We live 35 minutes from each other. She gives me gas money just to see her which is really cool because this is the first time a girl has spent money on me. She has a job but only on the weekends, she drives a nice ass car BTW (2014 cameo) We have already had sex. Whenever we do spend time together we're always laughing and stuff like that. I'm just scared is all because I have been cheated on before and I think that is the worst feeling ever is to find out you have been cheated on, I'm not saying that I think she is going to cheat on me because she seems like the person who wouldn't but I'm saying that it could happen. I would never do anything to hurt her, she is my life and even though we haven't been together long I feel like I have known her my entire life I mean she is just perfect and I thank god for her, do y'all think she is a good one? Just cause of the fact that she uses her money that she worked for to let me see her?

This is what the honeymoon stage offers. You both are so infatuated with each other you will over look the red flags and flaws. During this period of the relationship, everything about you seems cute to her, she feels she needs to rescue you. But it will wear off and if you don't get your shit together and change things around in your life, she will not find you so cute anymore. Take this as an opportunity to make yourself a better person. Is she the one?? no one knows, there are no guarantees when it comes to relationships.

So what is her job on the weekends? She twirles on a stripper pole? rich parents??

Is money important to you? Is that what attracts you to her?
    Last edited by smackie9; 20-05-14 at 01:38 AM.

Its only been 3 weeks. You have no way of knowing what the future holds. You should discuss your past with her and tell her how being cheated on really hurt you and you dont want that to happen again.

Keep looking for a job. I took a job in mcdonalds recently as I couldnt get anything better. Its a tough recession and not easy to get work so take whatever you can get and then keep looking. Your only 20-all you need to do is get your foot in the door somewhere, work hard, give it your all and you could easily work up to management and get a better job

Time will tell whether you and she are right for each other so enjoy it and dont let your insecurities get in the way
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

You will know its over when she doesnt have money for your gas. Till then you are golden.

^^^ That made me lol...
    How did you meet her, "Mr. WTF"?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I say do not hold on to the past. Just because someone else has cheated on you doesn't mean she will. DO you know if she has ever cheated before? If she hasn't then she doesn't have a history of cheating and you're just making an assumption based off of a completely different person. Give her a chance, you don't have a reason to not trust her yet.

I agree though, you need to get your shit together quickly because no one wants a boyfriend with no job and no money. No offense to you, I am know you are trying. You just wanna make sure she doesn't think you are taking advantage of her.

Good luck man! Sounds like you have a good thing starting up
    I'm not from Canada. I thought CA was california...

Dude she dumped him...

Me and my gf have only been together for 3 weeks
    It's too early to tell. However, it's nice of her to help with your gas. That's a good sign. There ARE a few quality girls out there. And I snagged one.

[URL="http://pastebin.com/GQ3a3F8v"]http://pastebin.com/GQ3a3F8v[/URL] Read this to get you started on what to look for in LTRs.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    It's too early to tell. However, it's nice of her to help with your gas. That's a good sign. There ARE a few quality girls out there. And I snagged one.

[URL="http://pastebin.com/GQ3a3F8v"]http://pastebin.com/GQ3a3F8v[/URL] Read this to get you started on what to look for in LTRs.
    Dude she dumped him...