+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friend zoned after saying three things to girl?

Friend zoned after saying three things to girl?

So I recently joined Tinder (dating app, sometimes used for quick hook ups) and found a match with a cute girl quite soon. The chat on tinder is slow and sometimes doesn't come with notifications so takes a while for chat to flow. After complimenting her on her cute pic with her and her dog she showed some interest in me and thought I was a very lovely guy and that I seem different to most guys (pretty sure it was meant in a good way). Small chat was made but then nothing for a couple days. I decided to just risk it and give her my number and told her if she was interested to text me.

She hasn't texted but messaged me back on the app saying "Sorry, have been really busy with dog being sick and uni. I'm not really looking for anything just now but I would like to be friends if thats okay with you?" So have I been friend zoned before I've even started? Any idea's on how I should progress from here?

Additional notes:
    We have a lot of similar likes through facebook and she just stands out a lot compared to over girls that's why I'm "chasing her" for lack of better choice of words.

Well man sometimes you cant affect outer circmstances. Good luck with finding girl with healthier dog.

However I think you came on too passive, cause you leaved it up to her to text you. Perhaps better would be like " So whats your phone number? I would like to text you some time."
    But if you were a girl then you giving your number would be really okay thing to do. However man you cant get all the girls no matter who you are so just move on to the next.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

haha thanks. Healthier dog may help

Possibly came on a tad strong but I'm not the most confident person and sometime can't get the right point across. I thought being slightly forward may of showed confidence? Also changing from the tinder chat to texting will improve the flow of conversation greatly.

I find it hard to meet girls at clubs, pubs or similar and find the internet the easiest form to meet girls or at least chat to them but I know this comes with risks such as not knowing who you are talking to and people pretending to be someone they're not.

Friend zoned!? She simply said that she isn't interested in dating in you. It wasn't because of anything you did or said, it's simply this: she doesn't like you that way.

Ya she blew you off big time. Keep looking. Never waste your time on iffy interested girls. Girls that want to be chased don't tell you they want to be friends.

I'd message her back and tell her: "I'm not looking for friends, good luck in your search for a buddy."

Or; "Do you mean fk friends? In that case I'm in. lol"

Quickly get rid of those that aren't showing interest in anything romantic and aren't clear on what type of "friends" they are looking for.

Its lame to be looking for "platonic friends on an internet dating or hookup site"
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

It's online dating, ppl on there don't take it all that seriously. Especially girls who probably have an overwhelming number of men messaging her.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

True..This.....the way tinder works, be aggressive. There are thousands and thousands of men messaging them all at once. You will be surprised the amount of strikes you will have.

If a girl you're interested in anywhere ever says that she only wants to be "friends", then just walk away. Nothing but frustration and heartbreak comes from wanting someone who doesn't want the same.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by Simpo View Post
    "Sorry, have been really busy with dog being sick and uni. I'm not really looking for anything just now but I would like to be friends if thats okay with you?" So have I been friend zoned before I've even started? Any idea's on how I should progress from here?
    HERE IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO

1.Respond - "sure i'm not looking for anything serious also ;-)"

2. Be friend with her and build a rapport with her !!!

3. After she's comfortable with you try to meet with her just for fun nothing committing (maybe even for noon coffee)

4. Once you do that you'll need to make her thinking about you (when she's not with you!!!)

5.Then you'll be on the right track

BIG NOTE: you gotta know that if you make a girl to thinking about you allot (when you're not with her) then she's thinking in her head
    "I must really like this guy cos i can't stop thinking about him...."

THIS IS THE TIME WHEN SHE STARS SEEING YOU AS A BOYFRIEND MATERIAL ;-) !!!
    Last edited by dani5566; 01-06-14 at 07:20 PM.

Tip: a girl know whether you are BF material or not within 7 seconds of meeting you. First impressions are key, so show you are confident by asking her for her number, then after a few days ask her out. Don't waste your time trying to "lure" her. You have better fish to fry if she turns you down.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Tip: a girl know whether you are BF material or not within 7 seconds of meeting you. First impressions are key, so show you are confident by asking her for her number, then after a few days ask her out. Don't waste your time trying to "lure" her. You have better fish to fry if she turns you down.
    Cant say I agree with this at all. Maybe in a club or online dating setting, that is about it.
    "Where there is love there is life"

Sorry haven't kept up to date. So I basically talked to her off and on for a week or two but she is extremely slow at replying to texts.

After 2-3 days of hearing nothing from her I text saying "Guessing by your lack of texts and that your not really interested in me in any romantic fashion? " Bit forward I know but I just thought not going to get anywhere without taking a chance. Thought I wouldn't hear much after that but she replied straight away saying "I'm extremely sorry, I've been really busy and barely get a chance to text any of my friends. Sorry about lack of texts" she went on to explain she does 30 hours a week working and its exam time for her just now so lot of studying.

Still texting her each night and find out two or three things about each other so hope after she finishes her exams I might ask her out or something. Open to suggestions...?

You did the right thing by being so upfront with her, good for you.

Sure, ask her out as soon as she finishes her exams.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpo View Post
    Still texting her each night and find out two or three things about each other so hope after she finishes her exams I might ask her out or something. Open to suggestions...?
    Yes.. stop bugging her. Send her one last phone call or a dreaded text telling her good luck with her exams and that you'll contact her when they're over so you can take her out on a date to celebrate.

Texting at this point is BULLshit. It does nothing to make you seem attractive to her when she's told you she's swamped with work and studying. Make her grateful you listen and excited to hear from you by going incognito right now.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast