+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 18 year olds?

Quote Originally Posted by chinagirl View Post
    It's sick when the person is 10 years older. I have a 17 year old kid so I can't even imagine her going out with someone a lot older than her.
    like a 28 year old guy. 18 maybe legal age but they are still kids! And they're not of legal age to drink nor smoke in the US.
    Really, yet you thought it was okay for a 40 year old woman to be fvcking our good poster snkrs?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a huge double standard? There is hardly much difference between 18 and 20.

Just askin!
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

18 in my book is a child! I was 20 when I graduated college and held my first job as a professional.
    Last edited by chinagirl; 22-05-14 at 05:05 AM.

So: If your daughter was 20 would you be okay with her ****ing a 40 year old man?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Once she reaches the age of emancipation which is 21 she can **** whoever she wants as long as she is independent.

When men and women are going off to war after high school graduation at the age of 17 and seeing combat at 18 what really is the difference between 18 and 21? The age of consent here in Canada is 16 no matter what the sex but there are restrictions to that when the age discrepancy is over a certain number of years. (I'd have to go search it to tell you what that age is).

Don't get me wrong I think its terrible for either sex to be getting sexually involved with someone twice their age. (even if they are of the age of "emancipation." Just being the devils advocate and pointing out a discrepancy here to the other thread wherein the "youngster" was a male and the older person was a female.

My son is 20. He can **** a 40 year old for all I care as long as he does not get anyone pregnant. I know he's never gonna marry a 40 year old woman. He's got a 21 year old GF now and I know he's Hanna meet more women in his lifetime until he finds the right person for him.

I'll leave that up to him to decide.

It has nothing to do with double standards. When my daughter is emancipated and independent to decide what makes her happy, I'm not going to stop her. It's her life. I'd rather that she knows that I'm with her and understand her than for her to keep things from me because of fear that I'm being judgmental against her.

Kids will do whatever they want, either they will do it with the parents aware of their actions or they will do it behind their back. I'd rather know what's going on with them.

And that's my parenting style!
    Last edited by chinagirl; 22-05-14 at 06:31 AM.

It's sick when the person is 10 years older. I have a 17 year old kid so I can't even imagine her going out with someone a lot older than her.
    like a 28 year old guy. 18 maybe legal age but they are still kids! And they're not of legal age to drink nor smoke in the US.
    When I was 17, I had an awesome "holiday romance" with a 28yo guy. The only odd thing to me was that he actually thought a long distance relationship was going to come from it. Mate, you're a great guy and terrifically freaky in bed, but you're old and there's no way I'm doing a 6hr distance with you.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Why don't you address that to wake up as well?

I'm sure wakeup will respond if she wants
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I'll answer it with a quote from china: "If he's older a lot older, then obviously he's a sick ****."

China.. The devils advocate (me) was not talking about "parenting styles" I was wondering about an apparent double standard. If you don't care if either of your younger children go out with someone twenty years older then them, then you don't. That's fine. No double standard there.

I was in a full time job and out of the house at 18. If I got with an older man, much older would he be a sick **** since I was independent? You don't have to answer. I'm just doing more DA work.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 22-05-14 at 06:58 AM.

My son is 20. He can **** a 40 year old for all I care
    Really? Do you really think there's that much of a difference between 18 and 20, in terms of maturity? I mean, of course there's a big difference, but not a "go ahead and sleep with a person twice your age" difference.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    When I was 17, I had an awesome "holiday romance" with a 28yo guy. The only odd thing to me was that he actually thought a long distance relationship was going to come from it. Mate, you're a great guy and terrifically freaky in bed, but you're old and there's no way I'm doing a 6hr distance with you.
    At 18 I had a pretty badass fling with a 32 yo woman. As nothing but fond memories and positive emotions have ever been associated with my experience with a much older woman I tend to be less sensitive about this subject than many others. If anybody spoke to me as if I were some sort of victim as a result of my experience I would laugh at them. Not only am I not a victim of anything, I don't see how anyone could possibly think that I was, no amount of grasping for straws would make that any less ridiculous. Interestingly, almost everyone I talk to about my experience agrees with me 100%, it's only when I bring up "what if I were the older one and she was the younger one?" when accusations of being a predator/creep/taking advantage/whatever start getting thrown around.

If what she and I did were so terrible then one would think that terrible consequences would have come about...which I'm still waiting on 11 years later.

Moreover, OP said in her reply to me that she is only looking for sex, she is the one initiating this and pursuing this. She is actively working to get an older guy into bed and only into bed...not exactly putting herself in a position where she has to be coerced or taken advantage of for an older guy to fukk her. Let her have her fun, as far as I'm concerned.
    They see indoctrination and they call it "morality", "professionalism", or "maturity" depending on the context.

Searock, I never mentioned maturity here, if my son wants to **** someone twice his age for fun, I could care less because again... He would not end up marrying a 40 year old anyway. Hell, he's got a GF now but he's not even serious about it so who cares if he slept with a 40 year old? It's not going to end up being a serious relationship anyway!

And basil, if you enjoyed ****ing someone 10 years older than you at the age of 17, good for you. If you were already into sex at that age, more power to you. I know for a fact that my 17 year old is still a child who's attending sweet 16 parties, not into BOYS at all, enjoys playing sports and can't wait for the upcoming prom and sex is the very last thing in her mind. So do I want someone who's 28 preying on her??? Hell no! Now when she's 21 or 22 and things will be different by then, it will be her choice to go out with anyone she wants.

You can say all you want that between age 18-21 doesn't make any difference. For my kids, I know it DOES make a big difference because I know them well.

I think your problem here is difficulty accepting big age gaps between the opposite sex having sexual relation. My issue here is when the 18 year is just a child and not prepared to be exploited sexually, then YES, I have a big problem with that.

When the time is right for my kids, they'll make their own decision.

As you are entitled to your own opinion, so am I.

And now that I know the poster is an 18 year old girl who wants to screw for fun, that would be her choice. More girl power to her if she thinks she's ready to screw someone a lot older than her for fun!
    Last edited by chinagirl; 22-05-14 at 11:56 AM.

Searock, I never mentioned maturity here

I think your problem here is difficulty accepting big age gaps between the opposite sex having sexual relation. My issue here is when the 18 year is just a child and not prepared to be exploited sexually, then YES, I have a big problem with that.
    So again: do you think there's that much of a difference in terms of "being just a child" (with regards to being sexually exploited by a much older person) between an 18 year old and a 20 year old?

bmargs is the best troll I've ever seen here. God damn!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast