+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 18 year olds?

Quote Originally Posted by dickriculous View Post
    At 18 I had a pretty badass fling with a 32 yo woman. As nothing but fond memories and positive emotions have ever been associated with my experience with a much older woman I tend to be less sensitive about this subject than many others. If anybody spoke to me as if I were some sort of victim as a result of my experience I would laugh at them. Not only am I not a victim of anything, I don't see how anyone could possibly think that I was, no amount of grasping for straws would make that any less ridiculous. Interestingly, almost everyone I talk to about my experience agrees with me 100%, it's only when I bring up "what if I were the older one and she was the younger one?" when accusations of being a predator/creep/taking advantage/whatever start getting thrown around.

If what she and I did were so terrible then one would think that terrible consequences would have come about...which I'm still waiting on 11 years later.

Moreover, OP said in her reply to me that she is only looking for sex, she is the one initiating this and pursuing this. She is actively working to get an older guy into bed and only into bed...not exactly putting herself in a position where she has to be coerced or taken advantage of for an older guy to fukk her. Let her have her fun, as far as I'm concerned.
    I hear you loud and clear. Still waiting for my negative consequences too.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

[QUOTE=searock;984401]So again: do you think there's that much of a difference in terms of "being just a child" (with regards to being sexually exploited by a much older person) between an 18 year old and a 20 year old?[/

Absolutely!!! My son who's 20 has already been screwing his GF so he's not sexually naive compared to my girl who's never a BF in her life because she's much more focused on maintaining her grade to keep her scholarship and concentrates her time with activities that a normal 17 year olds do. So to answer your question, Yes there is a big difference!

And if my son is going to have sex with someone who's 40, it's not going to be sexual exploitation if he's choosing to have fun and sexually learn.

It all comes down to sexual readiness. In my own opinion, seeing my daughter and my friends kids who are of the same age as her, their not even close to being sexually ready.
    Last edited by chinagirl; 22-05-14 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chinagirl View Post
    My son is already screwing his GF so he is not sexually naive unlike my daughter who's 17 and never had a BF in her life. You just don't get it. It's not the difference between 18-20, it's their sexual readiness. And I can tell you that my child and her friends at their age is not even close to being sexually ready.
    I think I get it. If your daughter was not sexually naive, you'd have no problem with her being with a guy ten years older.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    If your daughter was not sexually naive, you'd have no problem with her being with a guy ten years older.
    If this is the explanation, it makes sense (although I personally don't agree, because I don't think that a healthy 18 year old can ever not be sexually naive compared to a much older person).
    Last edited by searock; 22-05-14 at 06:04 PM.

Again, I'm not here to get a concensus, to each their own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    If this is the explanation, it makes sense (although I personally don't agree, because I don't think that a healthy 18 year old can ever not be sexually naive compared to a much older person).
    My daughter is very sexually naive, so yes, someone at age 18 can be sexually naive and I will not allow her to be exploited by anyone until she's ready.

If your daughter weren't sexually naive, would you be ok with her sleeping with a much older person, even if she's only 17? What about if she were 20 and sexually naive?

I'm not even going to answer your question because it's irrelevant in my daughters case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KingZ View Post
    bmargs is the best troll I've ever seen here. God damn!

You think she's a troll? Damn!!! And my ass got beaten up by wake up, basil and searock in this thread

- - - Updated - - -

And by the way searock, 18 is the age of sexual consent in the US. It's considered statutory rape for anyone older to sleep with underage kids!
    Last edited by chinagirl; 22-05-14 at 07:19 PM.

Chinagirl, there's no need to be defensive, I'm not trying to argue with you or anything, I'm just curious. Trying to understand your point of view, that's all.

I wonder what your "rule" is. If your daughter wasn't sexually naive and she was 18 years old, would you be ok with her sleeping with a much older man? What about your son at the same age (18)?

I'm not going to answer based on hypothetical situations. Real life conditions are much more complicated than that. I'll cross the bridge when I get there.

The age of consent in US varies. In NY it is 17.

We're not beating up on your ass, china. Its just a discusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw I'm getting the impression that you think its fine for boys or girls to have sex with an older person as long as that older person doesnt take their virginity. Then you wouldnt consider him a "creepy ****" Does that sound right?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

The fundamental disagreement here is searock/Wakeup are talking about this as a very general, philosophical rule, and you're trying to talk about this in a way that's very specific to your kid. Of course, we won't really be able to come up with any solid conclusions because we don't know your kid, so it's kind of irrelevant to the conversation.

searock/Wakeup: This feels like pulling teeth because it is. You're trying to force her into a conversation she's not willing to have.

Now everyone say sorry and shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by KingZ View Post
    The fundamental disagreement here is searock/Wakeup are talking about this as a very general, philosophical rule, and you're trying to talk about this in a way that's very specific to your kid. Of course, we won't really be able to come up with any solid conclusions because we don't know your kid, so it's kind of irrelevant to the conversation.

searock/Wakeup: This feels like pulling teeth because it is. You're trying to force her into a conversation she's not willing to have.

Now everyone say sorry and shut up.
    And that's what I've been trying to explain from the very beginning. I was talking here as a parent thinking about my child.

I can't answer any hypothetical questions that does not apply to my children.

Quote Originally Posted by chinagirl View Post
    If your a lot older, you're definetly a sick ****!
    You didn't say "If you're a lot older than my daughter", that's why I asked you what your rule was. It's ok if you don't want to talk about it.

If you followed the thread youll find out that I mentioned my daughter.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw I'm getting the impression that you think its fine for boys or girls to have sex with an older person as long as that older person doesnt take their virginity. Then you wouldnt consider him a "creepy ****" Does that sound right?[/QUOTE]

I feel like sex is sex. Virgin or not. But that's just my opinion. Does being a virgin affect which girls you sleep with?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast