+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 18 year olds?

They are on the rise because no one ever leaves their house anymore......

Objectively speaking, younger women are generally better off with senior men. An older gentlemen has got more to offer a woman. Maybe he cant have sex with you 3 times a day like he did when he was 21, but he offers stability, wisdom, comfort, meaningful companionship, and better sex, far more so than a young guy who isn’t developed.

There is nothing wrong with it. In my eyes it is completely natural. Enjoy the experience honey you will not regret it.
    No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone who is stupid that they are stupid.

^^^^ made up horse shit.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    ^^^^ made up horse shit.
    Is this the forum troll is it? Hehe, you got me! Idiota!

I have been in a loving relationship with a man who is 16 years older than me for over 10 years. It has been brilliant, I wouldn't change it for the world.
    No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone who is stupid that they are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by "sunrisesunset" View Post
    Maybe he cant have sex with you 3 times a day like he did when he was 21, but he offers stability, wisdom, comfort, meaningful companionship, and better sex, far more so than a young guy who isn’t developed.
    ...I can't decide if you're sounding like a gold digger or not.

Don't get me wrong, sunrise; I LOVE older men..one especially. But I love them for the mystery and the maturity. My ex, Dave, and I, for instance, would talk for hours about everything from politics to history to our families and our lives to thoughts on the world, etc etc... And I can say that I loved that. I miss that.. And I miss the meaning that we had when we were together because he was the only man I ever dated who I felt had a true-hearted view when it came to love. :S

However, stability, in my opinion, does not really have any meaning when it comes to a match. When Dave and I got together, I knew that only a year prior, he was bankrupt. I also knew that there were moments throughout our relationship where money was extremely tight with him. No, I did not support him, financially, but it didn't matter to me that he had some off and on money troubles. I didn't care about stability; I just cared about him.. So, if you meant stability in a financial way...I do have to disagree with you.
    At the same time, if you meant it a completely different way, I'm sorry I misunderstood..

Either way, I think it should be noteworthy to give the OP the dangers of it too... Yes, there is no doubt that she could find someone terrific. But, there are also a number of men who look to take advantage of situations like that. And I know what it feels like to be in those situations; there was a man who was trying to "date me" but only to try to use me for sex and control me with his money. I know what you're thinking by reading that; it sounds like something out of 50 Shades of Grey. But it's true; Burl repeatedly asked me out and when we went on a few "dates," he refused to allow me to pay for my half of things. When I mentioned paying the bill, he would roll his eyes and tell me that I just needed to "get used to" not paying for things. Then he would proceed to talk entirely about himself throughout the meals and would criticize every option on the menu (after he would even choose the restaurant). Afterward, he'd try to grope me as he drove and would tell me he couldn't wait to get me into bed.. The only thing I'm thankful for during that period of time was that I could see through what it was and that I didn't allow myself to get emotionally attached. As I said in my previous post, I was smart... So, that's what the OP needs to be- smart and able to sift through it all to find the guys that aren't like Burl.

I'm not saying that there isn't a nice, older man who will appreciate her. But I want her to be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    ...I can't decide if you're sounding like a gold digger or not.

Don't get me wrong, sunrise; I LOVE older men..one especially. But I love them for the mystery and the maturity. My ex, Dave, and I, for instance, would talk for hours about everything from politics to history to our families and our lives to thoughts on the world, etc etc... And I can say that I loved that. I miss that.. And I miss the meaning that we had when we were together because he was the only man I ever dated who I felt had a true-hearted view when it came to love. :S

However, stability, in my opinion, does not really have any meaning when it comes to a match. When Dave and I got together, I knew that only a year prior, he was bankrupt. I also knew that there were moments throughout our relationship where money was extremely tight with him. No, I did not support him, financially, but it didn't matter to me that he had some off and on money troubles. I didn't care about stability; I just cared about him.. So, if you meant stability in a financial way...I do have to disagree with you.
    At the same time, if you meant it a completely different way, I'm sorry I misunderstood..

Either way, I think it should be noteworthy to give the OP the dangers of it too... Yes, there is no doubt that she could find someone terrific. But, there are also a number of men who look to take advantage of situations like that. And I know what it feels like to be in those situations; there was a man who was trying to "date me" but only to try to use me for sex and control me with his money. I know what you're thinking by reading that; it sounds like something out of 50 Shades of Grey. But it's true; Burl repeatedly asked me out and when we went on a few "dates," he refused to allow me to pay for my half of things. When I mentioned paying the bill, he would roll his eyes and tell me that I just needed to "get used to" not paying for things. Then he would proceed to talk entirely about himself throughout the meals and would criticize every option on the menu (after he would even choose the restaurant). Afterward, he'd try to grope me as he drove and would tell me he couldn't wait to get me into bed.. The only thing I'm thankful for during that period of time was that I could see through what it was and that I didn't allow myself to get emotionally attached. As I said in my previous post, I was smart... So, that's what the OP needs to be- smart and able to sift through it all to find the guys that aren't like Burl.

I'm not saying that there isn't a nice, older man who will appreciate her. But I want her to be careful.
    Yes, yes, we (I) get that all the time. My husband is actually quite wealthy so that doesn't help my case but I come from a well off family myself and stand to inherit more than he would from his parents estate. Honestly money was never a factor in our relationship personally. I can see how this may be the case in some instances. We were introduced by friends and just happen to hit it off. He is everything I ever wanted in a guy still to this day. My only issue is that he is highly sought after by the opposite sex. We have had a few instances over the years but I have come to grips with my slight jealous tendencies and have learned to appreciate that other women see my partner as a catch.

Stability does not just mean financially stable rowen. It also means being in a relationship with someone who is not planning on running out the door any time soon or leaving you for another woman. My partner was happy and willing to settle down as soon as I brought it up and thats what I wanted.

Of course there are dangers. There are dangers of dating a man at any age. The OP has shared that she only wants to have a sexual relationship, she seems very intelligent and aware of what may or may not happen. I honestly dont see the problem.
    Last edited by sunrisesunset; 02-06-14 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valixy View Post
    I agree with Rowen. Whatever people tell to each other on the forum should not include insulting someone's children. There's no right to do that.
    I think you guys are being too harsh on mrloyal. Chinagirl said horrible things about him and his past relationship.
    He has come here for help looking for answers and she ran him into the ground.
    What is the saying? Kick them while they're down? I read his posts and he seems like a guy who is just trying to be a good man to the women he is with.
    I said it and I'll say it again. They are as bad as each other.

Clearly there is a bit of forum favouritism going on here.
    Last edited by UnconLove4All; 02-06-14 at 02:39 PM.
    "Where there is love there is life"

I agree with you that he was also attacked and that was unfair, everyone is entitled to their (different) opinion after all, but he should have refrained himself from offending other posters' children, imo.

There is nothing unusual about his love relationship and with good communication he should soon see more clearly if he is with the right person or not.
    Last edited by Valixy; 02-06-14 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnconLove4All View Post
    I think you guys are being too harsh on mrloyal. Chinagirl said horrible things about him and his past relationship.
    He has come here for help looking for answers and she ran him into the ground.
    What is the saying? Kick them while they're down? I read his posts and he seems like a guy who is just trying to be a good man to the women he is with.
    I said it and I'll say it again. They are as bad as each other.

Clearly there is a bit of forum favouritism going on here.
    Why don't you read all his post before you come judging other people???? Where he says not to ask for womens opinion because women don't know anything and when he was attacked by different posters for his lame opinions, blamed it all on me and then decided to attack all my different post. The last one, I couldn't let go. Neither the jerk nor YOU can bash my children without me lashing and if your offended by it, simple solution, get off, don't read and don't get involved. You've got nothing to do with it.

Do you think it's a decent behavior for a dirty bag like him to say he'll bang my 17 year old when he read what I said that she is sexually naive and I got defensive when posters asked me how I felt if she slept with someone older?

To feed on that is low. He deserved all the bashing he got not only from me but from the different posters. He has created a lot of enemies in this forum. If he's smart enough, he better be careful with what he says because he gets back what he deserves.

Before you judge my character and attach what I said to my behavior at home and my character as a mother to my kids you better have your facts straight.

How dare you talk to me saying "don't you have any mothering to do"? What do you know about my family? Next time you post something about my kids and myself... Watch yourself carefully.

- - - Updated - - -

And by the way, the posters here don't play favoritism, they are fair and can can smell a scum like him.

- - - Updated - - -

And I totally agree with you Val, people can make their opinions, this is a free forum but to attack someone's kids is totally hitting someone below the belt and is not right.

Parents are specially sensitive about their children and the kids should be left alone unless they are the main topic of discussion.
    Last edited by chinagirl; 02-06-14 at 05:42 PM.

I was gonna leave it be but no!

You attacked my personal life in another thread simply because I chose to disagree with your opinion. searock and another user chose to disagree with my opinion also which is fine but they didn't bring my personal life into our discussion and throw personal insults in every reply to me.

You said some hurtful things that were not true at all, not even close to my current or previous situations I have talked about on the forum. You deserve everything that has been thrown at you.

If you all read here you can see where her personal vendetta started towards me for having an opinion. Apparently I am not entitled to an opinion on this forum without being insulted and having lies made up about my personal life, past and present gf's and relationships. Its outright slander and deformation.

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/threads/89826-A-few-basic-dating-questions-How-to-ask-when-to-call-after-a-first-date-etc?p=986022#post986022[/url]

Here is more of her slander apparently I'm not entitled to an opinion on this topic either or any other in chinagirls eyes for that matter.

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/threads/89793-Asking-a-girl-for-their-phone-number?p=986272#post986272[/url]

Thanks uncoluv4all and valixy at least someone has seen her for what she really is. She has been given a taste of her own medicine, something that never hurt nobody. In reality all I ever said to her was I'd root her daughter IRL if she was good looking I would, just being honest.

Mods should ban this chinagirl, she is way off topic. I'm sick of seeing her posts. She just follows me around the forum and insults me in every post I make. Just when I'm trying to help a new poster.

/Thread
    Last edited by MrLoyal; 02-06-14 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrisesunset View Post
    Honestly money was never a factor in our relationship personally. [...] We were introduced by friends and just happen to hit it off. He is everything I ever wanted in a guy still to this day.

Stability does not just mean financially stable rowen. It also means being in a relationship with someone who is not planning on running out the door any time soon or leaving you for another woman. My partner was happy and willing to settle down as soon as I brought it up and thats what I wanted.

Of course there are dangers. There are dangers of dating a man at any age. The OP has shared that she only wants to have a sexual relationship, she seems very intelligent and aware of what may or may not happen. I honestly dont see the problem.
    Ah, I wish my Thank You button would reappear so I could thank you for this post. I apologize if I seemed like I was attacking you, and I honestly know what you mean about getting that kind of attention a lot. There were quite a few people (sometimes friends) that thought I was in it for the money with Dave, so I know exactly where you're coming from. However, I'm glad that your stability is emotional and that the two of you are able to work through your problems. Just remember that he loves you and would never do anything to hurt you at times when you can be a bit jealous. It's true that I don't know him (or you), but I can't imagine a man as you described ever being inconsiderate of you.

Best of luck, sunrise!

Also, Uncon, we don't play favorites here.. We just call bullshit when we see it.

Also, Uncon, we don't play favorites here.. We just call bullshit when we see it.
    Another one. So you also believe I am not entitled to my opinion here Sir?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLoyal View Post
    Another one. So you also believe I am not entitled to my opinion here Sir?
    Entitled to your opinion, you are. But to insult another member's children, you aren't.

Entitled to your opinion, you are. But to insult another member's children, you aren't.
    If you read my post above you will see my ex partner and my current gf were insulted and myself simply for having an opinion in another thread. She attacked my family first. My partner is my family.

You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

Good day to you Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLoyal View Post
    You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house.
    Nor should you be an asshole if you're in the wrong and know it.

See you around.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast