+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He Wanted My Friend Down There

He Wanted My Friend Down There

There was a boy I trusted with all my heart, and after eight months of dating I thought we were stable. We might call him James. Now James and I were happy, to our own extents. We were past the beginning stages of our romance, had gotten through arguments and fights, and for the most part there was nothing more I wanted from our relationship. Yet for months he felt insignificant, like he was doing all the work and was being taken for granted - he never brought this up. We went through a rough patch, and after he lost interest in me I called it off before realising he meant the world. I pleaded for one more chance, I told him that I wouldn't let him down, and after a decent while of consideration he gave me a hesitant "yes".

We planned a date for the next Thursday, and without his knowledge I decided to set fairy lights around my room and had blankets prepared to build a fort with him. Childish, I know. It was supposed to be a small gesture of appreciation and a memory to be made. A few days before the date, however, I asked him to walk my friend - for the sakes of this post, Aryssia - home. They lived in the same direction and it was something that was normal, I would never have thought twice about it. Yet later that evening I got a phone call from James, his voice desperate and asking me to break up with him. He had tried to touch Aryssia between the legs, and she, afraid to ruin their friendship had waited before telling him no. James then handed her the phone, and I heard broken sobs begging me not to hate her. She felt used, violated and hated herself. I couldn't once blame her for the events that took place.

Later that night, James messaged me. He was sorry, I told him to leave, he wouldn't go. What hurt was that instead of simply dragging me down, he had to take one of my closest friends as well, and caused her more emotional pain than she ever deserved. Now he claims that he has made the worst mistake of his life, that he would take me back. I suppose I'm offended. I don't know why I wrote this post, I don't expect a reply or any condolences. I just wanted to let out what I'd been holding back.

How old are you guys? These little things you take so seriously like its end of the world. Could be funny to remember after few years. At least I lol'd about that touching between legs part.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Hehe, just 15. I was just irritated with him so I wrote a long post

Well, I see some potential problems here but I don't have enough info.

1. Did Aryssia give consent to fool around first?
    2. Does this guy have problems with doing things without thinking? If he does things could get bad.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)