+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does love really come to those that wait? please help me :(

Does love really come to those that wait? please help me :(

Hello all,

I came here not long ago to get advice for my girlfriend that dumped me. Her names Leanne, n weve built a great friendship and we both love each other. Its not just a crush, its not very often that you love each other again after breaking up. I tried to move on when we did, by dating another girl - the mistake was the girl I dated was Leannes best friend. But this worked in a way, I was trying to make her feel jelous and lonely and want me back. So me and her friend stopped dating, now leanne and me are great, weve been ice skating, ive been round her house a lot, and we are going to meet again in the summer which is great but we want to take it to another level. Thing is we both hate school right now, and we would prefere not to have a relationship at school due to the enviroment its way too complicated. But she has told me she loves me and wants me, and that she will go out with me after our gcses next summer. Thats when we finish school, I dont know if I should wait I want to and I dont think I could move on now. I need some advice to make her change her mind, please help I beg you im in such a state right now.

Thanks all.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, love does come to those that wait....the truth is, it usually ends up being with someone other than the person you want or imagined.

If you think being together during school could be problematic to the relationship then don't pursue it at the moment......if you are meant to get back together you will. But maybe you are supposed to be with someone else, and maybe the time apart will reveal to you that person who is really meant for you. No one said this isn't supposed to be painful.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    More then likely you won't change her mind. But if you do thats cool. I mean it can happen that if you wait things will work out.... But there really is no guarantee. Bluesummer is right with what she said.

I guess its up to you to decide if its worth the wait.

Well thing is about school, its not me thats bothered. Its her thats bothered she hates school but why would that affect our relationship I wish women would make sense... its worth the wait bt I think im gonna try turn her round any advice on attempting that?

bump anyone?

GCSE's so im guessing you are around 16, trust me when I say that is a very young age to be throwing round the word love, I know from experience that it can end up to be terribly painful. The correct term is probably "strong feelings", though I don't know the situation.

I know, I figured im going to wait and try and never give up. And to all of you dont try and find love let love find you, and never give up and always take chances in life you might not get another. Thanks all, youve brought me to my senses!

Tone Guest
    I was gonna say 13-15.

You do your GCSE's when you're 16 maybe 17 for some people.

And if you think school is shite wait till sixth form - complete crap.

Quote Originally Posted by BluThunda
    I know, I figured im going to wait and try and never give up. And to all of you dont try and find love let love find you, and never give up and always take chances in life you might not get another. Thanks all, youve brought me to my senses!
    I would say that trying defeats the purpose of letting love find you don't you think? Lol in my opinion if you are trying to find love then you are probably doing it wrong, because the mere fact that you have to try means you are probably going to be doing something you wouldn't normally do.

For example if you are trying to get a friend to love you, then you are probably trying to impress them, and when you are trying to impress then generally speaking you aren't being you, big mistake, they will fall in love with someone who isn't you, just you with a mask.

Letting love find you on the other hand basically means you just be you and, you aren't trying to be with any one in paticular, but just letting people come to you for who you are.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't bump your own thread.

I hate it when people do that.

Either people aren't on at the moment or nobody cares.

The worst thing about it is you used an emoticon of all things while bumping.

No she's not worth waiting for and it's going to continue to end in disaster so stop trying.

**** that im going out wid her now

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Now that wasn't so hard was it?

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecrazy
    And if you think school is shite wait till sixth form - complete crap.
    Gospel truth right there.

PS. You can't "make" someone change their mind. If you do then that's manipulation of some kind. Let people do what they truly want (in relationships anyway.. I wouldn't recommend this in other areas, such as crime).

Quote Originally Posted by BluThunda
    **** that im going out wid her now
    You're going out with her now,cool. How are things going?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast