+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What DOES make a good boyfriend?

Look, everyone has there issues and no one is perfect. That goes for you andrew, and that goes for any partner you may have. I think it may be true that you have to get yourself to a point where you love yourself before you can love someone else, but at the same time, like I said, no one is perfect.

My first piece of advice.. calm down. Don't let some of these people get to you. Anyone can say anything on the internet.

Now, you asked what makes the perfect boyfriend, and to be honest I don't know. Apparently I'm not one... but your post tends to go in a different direction somewhat... You have to understand that if a relationship ends, it doesn't necessarily mean it's your fault. It would be wise to see what you could have done better, and maybe use it to fix your current relationship, or use it to make a new one work better. But you have to really sit down with yourself and think... what parts were my fault and what parts were my partners fault? Maybe it was all your fault. Maybe it was all her fault. Maybe (probably) a mixture of both. You just have to figure out the problem and deal with it by learning from it, fixing it etc.

Hey good luck Andrew. I wish you the best

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Like it or not, your attitude is most likely contributing to the fact you've got no one to turn to.
    Of course not, my family have completely disowned me and neglect me.
    2 of my dearest friends are both dead, only 1 exists and he's like miles and miles away from me.
    No one will ever talk to me because I'm "too nice" or "too friendly", it makes them nervous or pushes them away and it makes me feel insecure about myself and it brings my self-esteem down.

All my life I've been through abuse, mentally and physically!

Mate, you need professional help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I am Andrew View Post
    Of course not, my family have completely disowned me and neglect me.
    2 of my dearest friends are both dead, only 1 exists and he's like miles and miles away from me.
    No one will ever talk to me because I'm "too nice" or "too friendly", it makes them nervous or pushes them away and it makes me feel insecure about myself and it brings my self-esteem down.

All my life I've been through abuse, mentally and physically!
    None of this negates the fact that your attitude is what turns new people away. Your history is none of their concern - a new person is only interested in how well you treat them....and how well balanced you are.

And I note that you still haven't apologised to Wakeup. Mate, if you're this rude to people who are trying to be nice to you, you're going to be lonely for a long time
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Well, I'm sorry everyone that I'm a shallow, insecure, hostile prick.

Really, I mean it and I ain't being sarcastic. I am truly sorry.

I'm very ****ed up in the head.

I give up. I give up with love and I give up with life. It hurts too much.

Goodbye and thank you all for whatever you say that you feel is helpful, I do appreciate it, I just sometimes take things the wrong way.

I will no longer be a problem on this site.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12