+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I Wishing For Too Much Hope?

Am I Wishing For Too Much Hope?

Hi everyone,

This is more of a follow-up to my "advice - break or break up" post ... just wondering if someone can give me an insight on what this text message I rec'vd means:

"morning <my name>. thnx 4 always thinking of me. i know u care n i care 4 u too. im still here 4 u even if we r not together. have a good day."

I rec'vd this text in the morning. We talked the night before. She repeatedly, again, told me she'll do anything for me. And she knows I feel deeply for her and would do the same. She's also stressed that I can always freely call her. Almost like she's opening the door.

This was the first in like 3 weeks since we have talked. Prior to that, she's been having many problems with work/ family/ etc... She mentions that she occasionally feels "empty." Like things are not so complete in her life.

- Is this text a nice way of saying it's totally over ... It's not so definitive, but am I just being too sympathetic / wishing for too much hope.

any help would be much appreciated.

i say you can look at it many different ways. maybe she sais this cuz she needs someone in her life right now cuz she feels empty.
    I don't know if this is a good advice or not but have your guard up. Cuz people more then half the time will say they care and love you to make themself feel good. its weird but thats what I think

new guy

I agree with new guy.

She may be feeling lonely right now, and maybe she only wants your affections to feel 'full' again. The reason as to why this is BAD is because it could be selfish. She could be willing to make you think she likes you, just for the return of affection that makes her feel whole again.

In other words, you could be 'faking' it (the liking/loving towards you) to get the affection/attention from you.

By the way, this is the only letter I have read from you. So a lot of this is still very ambiguous to me (especially her msg).
    "I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
    - John Burroughs