+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Last resort...Facebook

Last resort...Facebook

There's this girl that was in one of my classes but I never talked to her in class because I was kind focused on studies this last semester and getting over something that didn't work out. During finals week she came into the local Starbucks I was in and I screwed up by not going up to her...believe me I'm very pissed at myself. She's definitely interested since we've both been checking each other out the entire semester and I think the only reason she stayed in Starbucks until closing time was because I was there, and she was again checking me out...yea I know I screwed up alright. Big. Freaking. Time.

Definitely the most beautiful girl I've ever seen (not like "hot" but very, very pretty) so I'm KICKING MYSELF for not even having a conversation with her just to see what could happen. [and before you think I'm shallow, I'm not the kinda looking to go out with just because I wanna screw her, I don't fool around outside of relationships]
    Well, were both seniors graduating and I'll most likely never seen this girl again... I'm been trying to figure out ways to run into her (most likely won't happen), or there's the facebook option... which I hate to turn to since I'd rather talk to her and ask her out in person, but it looks like facebook might be my only option.

My question is, how creepy would that be? A classmate you definitely thinks handsome or whatever, but have never talked to him the entire semester, asks you out on FB, is that weird? I mean I'd friend her first, then start some conversation or send a message and ask her out
    (tho I honestly hate pre-dating talk over phones/facebook..it's like "I like you, you like me, let's me ask you out and let's see if things click" instead of playing games, so I definitely do much conversation, it's just so lifeless over facebook)
    Last edited by maverick29; 25-05-14 at 07:15 AM.

3 second rule could help you. Next time you see her approach her within first 3 seconds from the moment you see her. If you wait longer negative thoughts starts to creep in and robs you from spontaneous energy.

Looks how fast others do it

loveforum.net/threads/85674-Guide-on-interacting-with-girls
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

FB approach is loserish.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    3 second rule could help you. Next time you see her approach her within first 3 seconds from the moment you see her. If you wait longer negative thoughts starts to creep in and robs you from spontaneous energy.

Looks how fast others do it

loveforum.net/threads/85674-Guide-on-interacting-with-girls
    Yeah, I used a similar rule of just going for it before, and it's worked for me many times. it wasn't that I was too afraid to talk to her, I just completely shut out the option and after a previous relationship realized my mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    FB approach is loserish.
    Yeah, I hate doing things not in-person, believe me, I really prefer them in real life and not over some 10 kb lifeless text message. the ONLY reason why I'm considering facebook messaging her is because I will NEVER see her again (most likely), it's pretty much my only option.

Well I mean you could give it a try. I admit it isn't the absolute best approach, but I mean you could just be honest. Say look I ran into you at starbucks but I didn't get a chance to say hi and I think you're kinda cute yadda yadda yadda. I don't think it's too creepy. A girl asked me out on myspace one time.
    I'm not from Canada. I thought CA was california...

Yea, exactly what I was thinking. As long as it's honest and too the point, she'll get why I'm using FB since it's my only resort

p.s. your sig's hilarious!

From a female's perspective, if you didn't have the ballz to approach me, then I get a message from you on my FB page...see where I'm going with this? That would tell me you are not comfortable enough to talk to me in person....and then you stalked me on FB. It would weird me out.

First impressions are crucial IMO.

Ah well best of luck with that message.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    From a female's perspective, if you didn't have the ballz to approach me, then I get a message from you on my FB page...see where I'm going with this? That would tell me you are not comfortable enough to talk to me in person....and then you stalked me on FB. It would weird me out.

First impressions are crucial IMO.

Ah well best of luck with that message.
    I understand completely what you're saying.
    Thank you for the luck and your guys' opinions, because... IT WORKED. She loved the message and is interested in meeting with me soon...

I'm officially convinced that even though Facebook messaging might normally been sen as desperate or come off as creepy, as I used to think, it never hurts to be honest and go for it anyway, especially if it's last resort.

Best of luck.

Trust me as a women if she is into you like you are her it wont matter to her where you ask her as long as you do!
    No More Worries