+ Follow This Topic

Thread: More than friends

More than friends

I am in love with my best friend. I have known her for 8 years.A few months ago i fell in love with her. I tried to get close to her: i tried to make her happy, to laugh, to smile, to feel safe, to please her, to slowly show her what i feel. And i succeded, she was very happy these months. We saw each other allmost every day.She doesn't have a boyfriend. She is very delicate and you have to know her very well to make her happy.Eventually i told her what i feel for her. She wasn't impressed. She said that she sees me as her best friend and nothing more.I know she is making a mistake, no one cares for her like i do, no one understands her like i do, no one makes her happy like i do, no one takes care of her.Plus i have a very strong feeling she knew what my feelings were and she liked the way i made her feel. I allmost can say she used me. I tried to forget her, but i can't because i know that loving her is not a mistake, because i have never made anyone so happy, feel so good, feel safe, smile....Even thou i know she kind of used me,because there was no one else to be by her side, i still love her. What can i do to make her change her mind? I feel that she knows she is wrong but she still doesn't want to forget about the friends thing. How can i show her that it is nothing wrong if she gives me a chance to her heart? Is a love relationship between friends impossible ?

Tone Guest
    Obviously this great relationship of caring and happiness is only seen from your deluded eyes, cause if it was that great as you make it sound and she is single she'd probably have said more to you than "I'm not impressed".

If it was that great, being single, already knowing you as a good friend, she'd have to have some really good reason not to want to take it to the next level. Maybe it's time to wake up from la la land and accept the fact you got rejected. No matter how nice you are to someone if they aren't feelin you, they aren't feelin you. You can't change it (usually) especially someone like you, no offense, that seems to be a little bit over the top.

My 2 cents..

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I give you lots of credit for taking the chance and putting your feelings out there. But if shes not giving you a chance there is really nothing you can do about that. It's her choice. She's gonna do what she wants. If anything time could change her feelings for you....but honestly I wouldn't hold out and wait for her. You gave her a chance and she didn't want it. Even though you believe the two of you would be perfect for each other......it cannot be a one way street.