+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: POF (Plenty of Fish) Review

POF (Plenty of Fish) Review

I have a lot experience with POF. So, I will share my experience.

If you are a female, you will get a lot of messages especially once you registered because your profile will show up at the beginning of the list. Even if you have no photo, you will get a decent number of messages.

Males on there are usually there to get laid fast. Some are even pretty deceptive and tell you they are looking for a relationship, is an honest and sincere guy, etc but in actuality they just want to get laid. Some may even ask you to go to their place on the first date. Don't go! Obviously.

Some men may pay for the first few dates but are also dating multiple women or looking for **** buddies. A.k.a non-committal types.

Quality men with a good degree, make decent money, and want a serious relationship are few in numbers so you have to filter them out. Many men who lie or stretch the truth about their height, success status, etc. So, you may have to spend some time filtering them out.

You may occasionally get some weirdos with foot fetish, polygamy, sugar daddies, lesbians, really really old men wanting young women, dick pics, sending you erotic fiction, messaging you.

But I guess, if you are looking for a normal broke guy wanting a relationship, you can find them here as well. But don't expect to find your prince in shining armours here.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Unfortunately, there is no exact science in dating sites. Its like Russian roulette. I've met some great people on there (and some train wrecks also). You know the saying, IF IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, THEN IT IS NOT TRUE.

You get what you pay for when it`s free. If I was single to day, I would do it the old fashion way and just ask a guy out in person, at the bar, grocery store, party, etc. The internet has made people lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    I have a lot experience with POF. So, I will share my experience.

If you are a female, you will get a lot of messages especially once you registered because your profile will show up at the beginning of the list. Even if you have no photo, you will get a decent number of messages.

Males on there are usually there to get laid fast. Some are even pretty deceptive and tell you they are looking for a relationship, is an honest and sincere guy, etc but in actuality they just want to get laid. Some may even ask you to go to their place on the first date. Don't go! Obviously.

Some men may pay for the first few dates but are also dating multiple women or looking for **** buddies. A.k.a non-committal types.

Quality men with a good degree, make decent money, and want a serious relationship are few in numbers so you have to filter them out. Many men who lie or stretch the truth about their height, success status, etc. So, you may have to spend some time filtering them out.

You may occasionally get some weirdos with foot fetish, polygamy, sugar daddies, lesbians, really really old men wanting young women, dick pics, sending you erotic fiction, messaging you.

But I guess, if you are looking for a normal broke guy wanting a relationship, you can find them here as well. But don't expect to find your prince in shining armours here.
    Jayzus! Don't you have ANY filters on who can and cannot contact you? You're allowing ALL of the dregs of the Plentyoffvckbuddies community to contact you by the sounds of things.

So: What restrictions DO you have?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

We told you that a year ago lol that POF is a waste of time. Why dont you pay for a good dating site if you insist on online dating? Personally I have never been on a dating site and have no intention of ever going on one either.

You could just go to a bar. Sit there for an hour and wait for some guy to chat you up lol. You will prob have more success. And before anyone jumps up and down.. decent men do go to bars. There not hermits living in the mountains
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

I agree with wake up... Put some filters in your profile. I was on a dating website for a few months and only dated professionals with same interests as mine (I met a business man, an accountant, a doctor and a lawyer and ended up with the lawyer). And don't respond to every mesage that you get. Be selective.

Goodluck in your search.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Jayzus! Don't you have ANY filters on who can and cannot contact you? You're allowing ALL of the dregs of the Plentyoffvckbuddies community to contact you by the sounds of things.

So: What restrictions DO you have?
    I don't think there are a lot of filter functions on POF when I was on there. I did put on my profile what I was looking for in terms of relationship type and of course, I don't respond to all the messages. I respond probably just 1 percent of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chinagirl View Post
    I agree with wake up... Put some filters in your profile. I was on a dating website for a few months and only dated professionals with same interests as mine (I met a business man, an accountant, a doctor and a lawyer and ended up with the lawyer). And don't respond to every mesage that you get. Be selective.

Goodluck in your search.
    Omg, speaking of lawyers. I met a lawyer on there and he is broke. Many guys on there don't put the salary range they are making on there.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Is he not doing well in his practice? Or maybe he just doesn't want women to go after him for money.
    Last edited by chinagirl; 27-05-14 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    You get what you pay for when it`s free. If I was single to day, I would do it the old fashion way and just ask a guy out in person, at the bar, grocery store, party, etc. The internet has made people lazy.
    This. All day. Im not a online dater. Never had to be.

I wouldn't trust what anyone said on the online profiles as being truthful especially how they look.
    At least when meeting in person you know what you are getting right off, online lets you in for much more deception.

I don't get why ANY women are on-line daters. All they have to do is spread their legs and men come running.

Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    I don't get why ANY women are on-line daters. All they have to do is spread their legs and men come running.
    "plentyoffish" ?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Attractive people don't need dating sites......so what does that leave you?

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Attractive people don't need dating sites......so what does that leave you?
    This I have to disagree with. People's lives have gotten busier, workdays longer, and free time far more scarce. Online dating is convenient, albeit a crapshoot. I have had some success with PoF (1 LTR, a couple of hookups), but I do agree that pulling your pants up and asking someone out in person yields better results.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    This I have to disagree with. People's lives have gotten busier, workdays longer, and free time far more scarce. Online dating is convenient, albeit a crapshoot. I have had some success with PoF (1 LTR, a couple of hookups).
    I'm going to agree with you. I met good looking, successful professionals on line who otherwise don't have time getting drunk and meeting random women at bars who do not meet the criteria of what they are looking for.

When my BF and I go to bars nowadays we meet lonely, unhappy single/ married men waiting to hook up with same lonely single/married women who are drunk enough to go out and sleep with any guys.
    Last edited by chinagirl; 30-05-14 at 09:41 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast