+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I think my boyfriend has a crush on my bestfriend.... Is this normal!??

I think my boyfriend has a crush on my bestfriend.... Is this normal!??

I think my boyfriend has a crush on my bestfriend!!!?So ive been with my boyfriend for about 8 months and he's met my best friend several times (she is really pretty and hot ) butHe never really paid attention to her b4 and would sorta make fun of her and the way she talked and what not. Although I did catch him checking out her butt in a very obvious way and was very emberrassed as other friends also saw him. So more recently him and his friends ran into her at the mall, they chatted for a bit and my boyfriend told me that he wants to set her up with one of his friends. Also went on to tell me how hot his friends thought she was. So he said that he wanted me to bring her to the cottage for the weekend to set them up. Than later he also went on to tell me that he invited her on a trip with us that was only supposed to be him and I. When I asked him why he invited her he said I dunno just making conversation.. (which I thought was kinda wierd) than the following day we were joking around and talking about prank calling different ppl. He was mak8ng these different accents and stuff he would say to some of our friends, than I said what about Krista (my bestfriend) he says "Ill call her and say hey baby, I saw you Thursday night thought you were looking real fine..." (talking with a corny accent. Like she would think its some other guy) I cut him off. Said no, thats not really funny) Umm but I was kinda shocked and felt uncomfortable and im sure my friend would too. It really bothered me. Since that was also thurday that he saw her so I feel like he was just saying what he really thought. I brushed it off and told myslef its nothing. But now that I think about it it really bothers me. Also the fact that hes inviting her everywhere even on our romantic trip. I feel like saying if u wanna date her I can give u her number.. am I overreacting? Or was he out of line? Is it normal for guys to behave like this towards their girlfriends friends. It makes me angry!

It's normal to be attracted to a hot girl but it's not right that he is trying to get close to your bestfriend. You have every right to be upset that he invited her to come along with you two on your romantic trip. It's like he is trying to game her right in front of you. I wonder if your bestfriend sees this too? If she does, she should keep her distance from your boyfriend. Of course if you accuse him of it, it will hurt your relationship. So it's definitely a tough position to be in. But if I was in your shoes, and if I can't trust my partner's intentions, I wouldn't keep them around too long. So it's really up to you. Another thing you can do is keep your boyfriend and your friends separate. When you are out with your boyfriend be just with him, and when you are out with the girls just be with the girls. The two universe don't have to merge.

As far as the "he was checking out her butt" thing goes, I see nothing wrong with that. Just because he's in a relationship doesn't mean he isn't going to notice and appreciate other hot girls. Surely you sometimes check out other guys as well.

What is disturbing is the fact that he is actually trying to hang out with her more often. If anything, since he is attracted to her a lot, he should be trying to avoid her as much as possible, since he is with you and she is your best friend.

As for him inviting her to your exclusive trip, that's definitely a red flag. I think you should tell him that if she's coming, you aren't going. Tell him clearly that you don't want him crossing that line again: if he wants to be/sleep with someone else, he just has to say it and you'll get out of his hair. He has to stop talking with this girl when you're not around.

It makes me so angry thinking about it, i dont feel like I can keep it in. Especially since he acted like this with another friend of mine before. Is it bad if I bring it up in a nonthreatening way?

call him out on it.......no you tell him its not appropriate at all.

If I had a BF that was acting like this he would be my EX BF.

He sounds untrustworthy to me. Since this is the second time-i recommend you dump him
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

What is just as disturbing is your friend is going along with this and not defining her own boundaries with him.

quite strange and painful. how to say...
    Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.