+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The guy that I love for five years now or the new guy?

The guy that I love for five years now or the new guy?

There's a guy that I love for five years now. I'll just name him Mr. A. He's one year older than me. We've known each other since birth but we're not close. Actually, he's the best friend of my brother. We never had a good conversation. We only talk when we need something from each other or if it's really needed. I remember when we were still young, we're always playing together. But now, I don't know what happened. It started when I was about 11 years old. It became awkward between the two of us. Even though we're in the same place or we're sitting beside each other, it's like we doesn't know each other at all. We belong to the same circle of friends. All of them knows about my feelings for him. They're always teasing me whenever he's around so I think he already knows that I like him. But I haven't told him of my feelings yet. Recently, it's like something changed between the two of us. We're talking more often than before and the awkwardness between us lessened.

There's a youth camp that we attend to every year. This year's camp was held one month ago. The campers were divided in group and Mr. A and I belong to the same group. There's a guy that I find cute because of his eyes. I met him in this camp two years ago. He's Mr. B. He also belongs to our group. On the second night of the camp, we had a bonfire. I was sitting next to Mr. A. The leader of our group asked us who's the person we like. I was so nervous during that time because I don't know what to say. When it was my turn to answer, everyone was looking at me which made me more nervous. It took me a long time to decide if I'm going to say that it's Mr. A or not. I told them that Mr. B is the person I like. I looked at Mr. A to see his reaction but I only saw his normal face. Since he was sitting next to me, he answered next. Honestly, I assumed that he'll say that it's me, but of course, it's not me. In all of our activities during the camp, I noticed that Mr A is always sitting near me. Even in meal times. So again, I assumed that he also have feelings for me. But I can't understand him at all. On the last night, there's a dance night. It's like a prom but in casual clothes. Mr B invited me for a dance. While we're dancing, he asked me if I really like him. I told him that I only find him cute. Mr A also asked me for a dance but we didn't had a good conversation at all. We're just quiet the whole time. (The two of them gave me a rose.)

After the camp, Mr B has been sending me cheesy messages with a lot of hearts and saying that the two of us look good together. He also said to our group mates that they should support our love team, and Mr A is one of that group mates. Mr A said something to me about my 'love team' with Mr B and I detected a hint of jealousy. I'm not sure though. Recently, I wasn't able to reply to Mr B's messages because I'm busy and sometimes I don't really know how I should reply because I don't really like him in a romantic way. I only see him as a good friend. Yesterday, he said that I'm only giving him false hope. Well, I didn't know that he's really serious with me. Now, I don't know what to do.

Tell Mr B you are not interested in him romantically, he needs the honest truth. Tell Mr. A you would like to spend time with him.