+ Follow This Topic

Thread: feel like i am wasting my parents money?

feel like i am wasting my parents money?

Hi. I am new to this forum. I am looking for some advice as i have been feeling upset so I am glad to have found this forum.

Recently, I have been getting sick. I been having a right side pain and its been there for a while. However, I did get sick May 6th but on May 8th i started feeling better and the pain slowly started going away. I still have the pain but it is not as bad and I can stand up feeling fine now, except when I get up my lower back right side hurts sometimes. My mom took me to the OBGYN and everything was fine. I went to my general doctor and he said I had a stomach virus. My mom kind of questioned him because i kept saying i had pain weeks before this appointment, which i did. She went online and found a gastroenterologist. We went to that doctor and when he pressed near my gallbladder it did feel uncomfortable. He ordered an abdominal ultrasound to be done to check it out.

The thing is, I feel terrible going to all these doctors. I'm feeling like I am wasting my parents money and time. I know insurance pays for it but then the bills we get at home and the co-pays makes me feel terrible. All of this just to find out i am fine. I didn't get the ultrasound yet that is next week, but I still feel terrible because when I do go back to the gastroenterologist and get the results, I'm scared that the doctor will tell me nothing is wrong and that I'm fine. I'm sure my parents rather me be healthy and would love to hear nothing is wrong than to hear i need a surgery or something but i can't help feel like I wasted money then. Like I'll be thinking "oh, so your fine, that $20 could of been used for the summer vacation your going on" or "oh your fine, but now everyone is going to be mad at you for wasting their time to take you to these doctors" or "oh your fine, but you thought you were sick your an idiot" or "oh your fine, but mom and dad are going to be mad at you for a long time". I hate feeling like this, it makes me want to cry.

how can i stop feeling like this? I know i said they probably rather hear i'm healthy instead of sick so its good i'm going to this ultrasound test but i feel terrible for wasting money to hear i am fine I recently told my dad this when he took me to the general doctor and he told me to stop acting silly, but i can't help how i feel
    Last edited by wonderbee; 30-05-14 at 10:43 PM.

You may have gallstones. If this is the case you need your gallbladder removed.