+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend cheated but wants to get back?

Girlfriend cheated but wants to get back?

So basically me and my girlfriend have been dating for over a year now. Im 21 shes 22. We live separately with our parents. its been really good together. We have never had any problems. no fights. we have amazing communication. we both love each other. But recently she went to another city to visit her cousins. She stayed at the hotel her father booked. Apparently her friend (grade 10 crush) was in town and she went to eat out with him. By this time she said she was tipsy. After they just went back to the hotel. She told him there's some alcohol that she couldn't finish and didn't want to waste. So he drank some. They both watched some TV together. And then he told her that he's really good at giving massages. He gave her a massage and she showed him her breasts. And he showed her his private parts. But she claims that after that she pushed him off and told him to leave. Now this is what she told me. Now she told me this 2 days after she arrived back home.

Now i wasnt there nor do I know what exactly happened. anything could have happened for all I know. She just told me and cried a lot saying she still loves me. I cried too. Just the whole concept of being cheated on is very new to me. Now her previous ex boyfriend has cheated on her so she knows exactly how it feels to be cheated on. Im so uncertain about this whole deal. A part of me says Just say goodbye and move one and another part of me says it was the perfect relationship give her a second chance.

Most people, before the age of 25, do things they later regret... the brain isn't fully formed yet, especially the part that measures action with consequences. If you think this was a one time thing, you could try and forgive her, if you think she is worth it, but only you can decide that.

When I was 18, I cheated on my then GF (made out with another girl at a party while my GF was away in Europe for the summer). I confessed it later, but it took me a while. She forgave me, and I've never cheated on anybody since. Though she ended up cheating on me a couple of years later -- as the way of ending our relationship (she wanted to get married and I wasn't ready). She is still married to that guy.

Cheating is a weird thing. We are all only human.

Quote Originally Posted by johntd View Post
    A part of me says Just say goodbye and move one and another part of me says it was the perfect relationship give her a second chance.
    Yup, the relationship was so perfect that after just one year she shagged another guy. Dump her you moron. Perhaps it was an accident though - perhaps her tits just popped out by accident and his pants somehow just fell off exposing his dick?

Quote Originally Posted by "Boisdevie" View Post
    Yup, the relationship was so perfect that after just one year she shagged another guy. Dump her you moron. Perhaps it was an accident though - perhaps her tits just popped out by accident and his pants somehow just fell off exposing his dick?
    Dammit, where is my Thank You button? I REALLY want to thank you for this post.

OP, denial is not just a river in Egypt. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you can begin to heal and grow from this. Dump her.

Yeah dump that bitch you pussy. There is a great girl out there waiting for you.