+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do women view poker as a profession?

How do women view poker as a profession?

Hi, I've been making a living playing poker for the last 7 years. I'm not a millionaire but I own a condo, have no debt and am comfortable financially.

I play mostly online so it's tough for me to meet women. I've tried online dating and the second I tell them what I do for a living, I lose them before I even get to ask them out. I'm also a good looking guy so I know that's not the problem.

I'm getting discouraged and feel like a buying a nice car (something I think is a total waste of money) just so that when I tell a women what I do, I get more credibility.

Is it all in my head or do women look down on poker as a profession?

thanks

On line poker yes, because it's not a legitimate career......but if you are actually playing at the tables with Daniel Negreanu and Tom Dwan you wouldn't need online dating.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    On line poker yes, because it's not a legitimate career......but if you are actually playing at the tables with Daniel Negreanu and Tom Dwan you wouldn't need online dating.
    I do play at the tables also but not with those guys. I would have to be a multimillionaire to play those stakes. That's like saying your business career is not legit unless your the CEO of a huge company.

My guess, playing poker is risky and you can literally lose your shirt. It's not a stable means to make an income. Women are not going to take their chances.

note ***Wearing a WSOP bracelet would be more impressive than a new car IMO.

My guess, playing poker is risky and you can literally lose your shirt. It's not a stable means to make an income. Women are not going to take their chances.

note ***Wearing a WSOP bracelet would be more impressive than a new car IMO.
    Ok thanks. I'll fly to vegas and get myself one tomorrow....

Someone who runs a successful business more than likely went to university, or got an education, went to business school, got their masters etc.
    You play poker. apples to oranges.

I have a degree too...I was just saying that its not because I'm not making millions playing poker that its not a career. I still make more than 95% of the people I know.

I`m pretty sure there are women that would get turned off by a guy, at your career caliber was making an ok living playing golf, BMX ing, bowling, darts, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe if you make sure you post your annual income they would over look it then.

Lol you're making me want to buy a nice car tomorrow. I don't know what your definition of ok living is but I clear over a 100k a year. I'm pretty sure that's better than ok. I don't like to be flashy but if all girls think like you, I think I have no choice.

Tell them you are an IT guy that plays poker as a hobby that makes you extra cash.

That works till they find out I know nothing about IT. I don't want to lie...

I own a house and Ģi have no dept either bub I don't need someones money.

I own a house and Ģi have no dept either bub I don't need someones money.
    I dont understand

Success can only be obtained if you go out and get it, so I suggest you make the time to meet women at social events, parties, etc. When you engage in person to person contact, they see you, your personality, etc. Women go by their emotions, how they feel the chemistry, enjoy your charm.....you can't do that on an internet dating profile.

Good point, thanks. Im off to bed, gnight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast