+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sex after childbirth

This is a sensitive topic because as as stated above they're many women who go off of sex after childbirth whether for physical, mental, emotional reasons ect... Are the same women why their husbands stray. SMH!!! That's why I also agree that communication is very important and yea, I wish he'd comeback too at least to post and update.

Quote Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
    Yes, I think many do go off sex after childbirth. Why? I have no idea.
    Wow...here's someone who's never been involved in raising babies.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Wow...here's someone who's never been involved in raising babies.
    Please. I have two of my own. A bunch of men complain of this.

Please. I have two of my own. A bunch of men complain of this.
    I'm assuming you're a woman?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I'm assuming you're a woman?
    Yes. How do I make it so I don't get emails from this thread?

try go to 'settings' in your control panel
    [url]https://www.loveforum.net/subscription.php[/url]
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Quote Originally Posted by loveadmin View Post
    try go to 'settings' in your control panel
    [url]https://www.loveforum.net/subscription.php[/url]
    It says I'm not subscribed to this thread, there is nothing there, yet I keep getting emails with every quote. Now I'm regretting posting on here.

turn off your quote notification here:
    [url]https://www.loveforum.net/vbsuper_pm.php?do=post_quote&action=get_post_quote[/url]
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

You're a mother and you have zero understanding of why another mother may go off sex? I would expect such ignorance from a person who's never had a child, but not one who's been through it all.

I too am a mother and got my sex life back on track relatively quickly. But despite my own enthusiasm, I completely understand the reasons why other mothers may have different experiences to me.

Your lack of empathy is astounding
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 29-06-14 at 05:11 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Michelle, I'm wondering how many mother's groups you've sat around in discussing this issue. Because I can tell you that while some women do bounce right back (it didn't take me long) there are a whole lot of women who take a lot longer than six months. I know a number who joke about their subsequent children being immaculate conceptions.

I'd like to see you make this statement in a group of a dozen women who have 10 month old babies
    It is my understanding that the hormones take up to a year after childbirth to correct themselves, and then after having a baby, birth control becomes an issue again, and birth control pills are well-known to diminish libido in a LOT of women.

To the original poster - I actually find it kind of unbelievable after all this time together, you have no better insight as to what is going on, whether it be related to child-rearing, medication-induced, the onset of menopause, or simply a lack of emotional connection. Really, if it isn't one of those things, I would have to guess that technique is a problem.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    It is my understanding that the hormones take up to a year after childbirth to correct themselves, and then after having a baby, birth control becomes an issue again, and birth control pills are well-known to diminish libido in a LOT of women.

To the original poster - I actually find it kind of unbelievable after all this time together, you have no better insight as to what is going on, whether it be related to child-rearing, medication-induced, the onset of menopause, or simply a lack of emotional connection. Really, if it isn't one of those things, I would have to guess that technique is a problem.
    I'm thinking that lack of communication is also one of his issues. I find it interesting that he's come here looking for answers yet didn't think to say how his wife felt about the situation. Either he hasn't asked or hasn't thought that her outlook on this is of major importance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12