+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sexy selfies

Quote Originally Posted by masticate View Post
    I believe you are hurling insults because you are a domineering prick who demands subordination. "Case in point:" demanding the thread be closed because I've taken a tone with you.

I have already explained to you once where the faults lie with your rationale, shall I do it for you a second time?
    Actually, if anyone is a domineering prick, it's you. I come back to see how this thread is progressing, and I find that you tell people who are trying to help you and give THEIR INSIGHT that they just "don't understand." BULLSHIT! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! You're getting solid advice from people all around you, yet you continue to act like a child and claim that your situation is "special." You claim that their are "faults in our rationale" because you're too close to the god damn tree to see the forest. And now you're pissy assed because you came here wanting a specific answer- that you can just play detective, confront her, have her be honest, forgive her, and that it'll all work out. If that's what you want, by all means- go ahead. But don't treat people like they're of lesser intelligence than you are just because you're too thick headed to comprehend their words.

And I'd prefer this thread be closed because if you're not going to be open to suggestions and input, you're wasting this forum's time. And you're taking up unnecessary space.

- - - Updated - - -

This one should just make the quote wall for the sheer irony of it.

From what I can tell, you have been treating me like I am stupid for not agreeing with other posters. This I would call "domineering".

For example: hurling insults, then rationalizing it, then denying it, then becoming angry over it. This is why I would call you "a prick".
    Excuse me, I've tried treating you with respect. Many have. But to get respect, you need to give it. You haven't been giving it.
    You "dismissed" me, for example. Do you know how controlling and insulting that is? You haven't been giving respect, so don't expect me to give it back to you.

You became angry with me because I came back and defended a woman who was trying to help you. If anyone has a right to be offended, it's me.

EDIT: Calling you thick headed is not as an insult- it's the truth based on five pages of you claiming your situation is special and that others are "incorrect in their rationale."

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    Actually, if anyone is a domineering prick, it's you. I come back to see how this thread is progressing, and I find that you tell people who are trying to help you and give THEIR INSIGHT that they just "don't understand." BULLSHIT! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! You're getting solid advice from people all around you, yet you continue to act like a child and claim that your situation is "special." You claim that their are "faults in our rationale" because you're too close to the god damn tree to see the forest. And now you're pissy assed because you came here wanting a specific answer- that you can just play detective, confront her, have her be honest, forgive her, and that it'll all work out. If that's what you want, by all means- go ahead. But don't treat people like they're of lesser intelligence than you are just because you're too thick headed to comprehend their words.

And I'd prefer this thread be closed because if you're not going to be open to suggestions and input, you're wasting this forum's time. And you're taking up unnecessary space.
    I'd prefer if you could calm down.

I'd like to remind you at this time that I have already posted in this thread thanking all respondents for their advice and informing the entire audience that I was going to take a bit of time to interpret everything. This was intended to be a conclusion statement which informs everybody that the PREVALENT OPINION OF THE BOARD MEMBERS IS NOTED.

So from this point of view, Michelle23 had nothing to add by posting the same advice that everybody else gave me, after the fact. In addition, Michelle actually DID mess up some of her facts. What's more, is she had a severely accusatory tone that INITIATED further conflict. It wasn't necessary to speculate as she did without expecting to entertain some discourse. You, Rowen, have interfered with my conflict resolution by being even more abrasive and inflammatory when you were uninvited. In fact, I would suggest that you, as well as Michelle, have added nothing useful at all besides your original remarks, which I believe I have already thanked you for.

- - - Updated - - -

Excuse me, I've tried treating you with respect. Many have. But to get respect, you need to give it. You haven't been giving it.
    You "dismissed" me, for example. Do you know how controlling and insulting that is? You haven't been giving respect, so don't expect me to give it back to you.

You became angry with me because I came back and defended a woman who was trying to help you. If anyone has a right to be offended, it's me.

EDIT: Calling you thick headed is not as an insult- it's the truth based on five pages of you claiming your situation is special and that others are "incorrect in their rationale."
    hmm I believe I have been most respectful of everybody who has posted, and your original stance was aggressive and ... domineering. It was quite clear you were willing to be nice as long as I was willing to subordinate however your meanness was noted and I was dismissive. You re-entered the thread to deliver more meanness and I made it explicitly clear that I hold that in high contempt.

You did not jump in to defend Michelle as she had no reason to be defensive. She made wild accusations that were pure conjecture and I informed her that although I understand what she has done and why, there is a logical reason to reject her conclusions. You jumped in at this point to commence berating me for not listening to you. You're free to identify whichever post wherein you think I started attacking people.

In addition, Michelle actually DID mess up some of her facts. What's more, is she had a severely accusatory tone that INITIATED further conflict. It wasn't necessary to speculate as she did without expecting to entertain some discourse. You, Rowen, have interfered with my conflict resolution by being even more abrasive and inflammatory when you were uninvited. In fact, I would suggest that you, as well as Michelle, have added nothing useful at all besides your original remarks, which I believe I have already thanked you for.
    Ah, so now that you have no leg left to stand on you're going to try to try to play the role of the angel. Of course it wasn't you! I'm SO sorry; you're right. Michelle just came into this thread accusing you of everything from high treason to dog torturing. *heavy sarcasm*

Reread her post, if you don't see what she's saying. She's talking about dysfunction and about unhealthy relationships. If you can't see that, there is obviously no one here who can help you. I have not "interfered" with your conflict resolution; I offered you sound feedback and input into your situation based on the information that you provided. You ignored it. Someone else offered similar input; you ignored it and talked down to her. I again post to try to reason with you and to defend the other. You ignored it and tried talking down to me. Shove your thanks. This is a community, and I don't have to be invited to post where I want.

If you claim that she had "nothing to add," why did you talk down to her? And for that matter, why didn't you accept the previous posts of the same input if it was, indeed, the same? You didn't, and her post was, again like mine, trying to reason with you.

I'm perfectly calm; I just have a low tolerance for OP's that disrespect people trying to help them.

^ Case in point. OP is too thick headed to grasp the words of everyone.

It's time this thread is locked; it's clearly not going to go anywhere.
    Remember what arguing with an idiot looks like to others, Rowen.

So far nobody has explained why I'm taking these abusive comments except for the fact that I didn't willingly subordinate.

Michelle did in fact make decisive accusations regarding my relationship. These were open accusations based on incomplete logic and conjecture. I don't see how engaging this discourse or refuting a statement is the same thing as talking down to somebody.

The amusing part is that every single one of Rowen's posts in this thread has content which is openly domineering and condescending. From the non-stop comments about the length of my posts to the brash speculation regarding my technical anatomy, he's been trying to put me in my place. It is just that: simply amusing.

I will participate in this battle for as long as anybody else wants to try, as it amuses me.
    Last edited by masticate; 10-06-14 at 04:58 AM.

hmm I believe I have been most respectful of everybody who has posted, and your original stance was aggressive and ... domineering. It was quite clear you were willing to be nice as long as I was willing to subordinate however your meanness was noted and I was dismissive. You re-entered the thread to deliver more meanness and I made it explicitly clear that I hold that in high contempt.

You did not jump in to defend Michelle as she had no reason to be defensive. She made wild accusations that were pure conjecture and I informed her that although I understand what she has done and why, there is a logical reason to reject her conclusions. You jumped in at this point to commence berating me for not listening to you. You're free to identify whichever post wherein you think I started attacking people.
    Funny, last I checked, you and I did not share a persona. So, therefore, you cannot know possibly why I re-entered the thread. I read Michelle's post. I read your reply to it. You weren't fair to her at all. Nor were you fair to anyone else earlier. As for when I left the thread, it was only because I realized that attempting to get through to you was about as successful as trying to break apart a brick wall with a toothpick. There's a difference between disagreeing to go your own way and talking down to people. You talked down to people by telling them that they didn't understand. Well, guess what? I do understand. I know what it's like to be cheated on. I know what an unhealthy relationship is like. I know how hard it is to accept that things aren't going to work when you so desperately want them to... I know what it's like, so don't treat me like I can't understand. OP, I've been trying with every post up until this argument to get through to you so you SAVE yourself some emotional heartache... Why? Because, although you might find it hard to believe with what a cold hearted bastard you believe me to be, I'd rather not see someone hurt and go through things similar to stuff that I went through.

But going along with that, I'm not going to stand back and allow you to bully people by talking down to them. You've had tons of people try to help you...yet you still told them "you're incorrect in your rationale." Last I checked, part of giving advice was imagining yourself in that person's shoes and trying to evaluate what YOU FEEL the situation is like.. But if you're not being open to other interpretations of the situation, you're not seeing WHY we give the advice that we give. Do you understand now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Remember what arguing with an idiot looks like to others, Rowen.
    Very true...hopefully my latest post helps him to see my side. Probably won't, but whatever... I'm out of here. Sorry, HIA.

Do you understand now?
    Depends if you're willing to understand that Michele entered the thread to make accusations which I had every right to refute, and your involvement thereafter has had the apparent purpose of trying to force me into submission.

Depends if you're willing to understand that I have been respectful of people.

Depends if you're willing to understand that I took everybody's advice for what it was worth to me and that there are many ways to listen to somebody without doing exactly what they say to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny, last I checked, you and I did not share a persona. So, therefore, you cannot know possibly why I re-entered the thread.
    Except that you told me why.
    Last edited by masticate; 10-06-14 at 05:04 AM.

Depends if you're willing to understand that Michele entered the thread to make accusations which I had every right to refute, and your involvement thereafter has had the apparent purpose of trying to force me into submission.
    You're still missing the point...

Good luck with your relationship because obviously, if there is a God, he can't even help you.
    Bye.

Lol Michelle gave her opinion based on the essay you wrote on page one. You chose to take it as a personal attack when really it was just an opinion. Ive been on this forum a long time giving advice and my only intention is so help even if I am blunt sometimes. Im not going to tell people what they want to hear because that is just allowing them to remain in denial and nothing gets resolved.

Another observation: your manipulation and abusive personality comes across in your posts. I stand by what I said after reading this whole thread. Your the problem and I think you are destroying your gf.

If I didnt trust my bf-i would dump him. I wouldnt snoop through his phone every day, accuse him of all sorts, crush all his self esteem until he thinks he NEEDS me and then tell everyone he is the problem.. maybe she is untrustworthy which is wrong obviously but why not just dump her then? Why stick around abd abuse her everyday??

Plus if she "cant stand the thought of being with someone else" according to you which is why "she wants you to screw others" while she sits at home being a silly little doormat then how is she untrustworthy..

Do you see the contradiction??

Rowen is trying to help you too. If you stopped being so defensive you would see that but people get defensive when they know others are right
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Good luck with your relationship because obviously, if there is a God, he can't even help you.
    Bye.
    I'm interested to know whether you deem this statement is obviously true simply because you were unable.

I'm interested to know how you define "help".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Lol Michelle gave her opinion based on the essay you wrote on page one. You chose to take it as a personal attack when really it was just an opinion. Ive been on this forum a long time giving advice and my only intention is so help even if I am blunt sometimes. Im not going to tell people what they want to hear because that is just allowing them to remain in denial and nothing gets resolved.

Another observation: your manipulation and abusive personality comes across in your posts. I stand by what I said after reading this whole thread. Your the problem and I think you are destroying your gf.

If I didnt trust my bf-i would dump him. I wouldnt snoop through his phone every day, accuse him of all sorts, crush all his self esteem until he thinks he NEEDS me and then tell everyone he is the problem.. maybe she is untrustworthy which is wrong obviously but why not just dump her then? Why stick around abd abuse her everyday??

Plus if she "cant stand the thought of being with someone else" according to you which is why "she wants you to screw others" while she sits at home being a silly little doormat then how is she untrustworthy..

Do you see the contradiction??

Rowen is trying to help you too. If you stopped being so defensive you would see that but people get defensive when they know others are right
    You know what, Michelle,?
    I think I read what you had to say and replied appropriately.

I was (and still am) willing to continue discussing things with you on a more sophisticated level, which you are obviously capable of.

Perhaps your analysis of my character attributes is correct. Am I wrong for wanting to have the discussion in more detail? It appears that is the message.

Perhaps your analysis regarding the relationship is correct. However, I'd remind you that you accused me of wanting or forcing a polygynyst relationship with is simply an incorrect fact which was easily smoothed over with the truth. You see, the major crux of your argument in your post was that I'm being abusive chiefly due to the inherent inequality of polygyny. So I thought that I could rectify things by informing you that you have overlooked the part where I suggested that base polyamory was a better description of where I wanted to go with this relationship, which carries with it implicit EQUALITY.

So it's actually obvious you still haven't grasped that FUNDAMENTAL detail which changes the very CRUX of your argument. I am not asking her to wait around like a silly doormat while I **** some strange. That was your misinterpretation which I have tried to correct multiple times.

I do not want to talk about Rowen; I have made my point perfectly clear and I believe any person with an ounce of good sense can see that from reading this exchange he is indeed a domineering prick whose help is valuable, but carries a high price - subordination.
    Last edited by masticate; 10-06-14 at 05:21 AM.

I do not want to talk about Rowen; I have made my point perfectly clear and I believe any person with an ounce of good sense can see that from reading this exchange he is indeed a domineering prick whose help is valuable, but carries a high price - subordination.
    Reported. Have a nice day.

Reported. Have a nice day.
    Ok, thanks!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345