+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MBTI - Which personality type are you?

MBTI - Which personality type are you?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Maybe some of you are familiar with the MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) mentioned by the new member, Masticate, in his post. I wasn't and it has made me a very good impression. Not too long and the personality type results offer an interesting reading.

http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Maybe you'd like to take the test and post your Personality Type?

- - - Updated - - -

According to the test my personality type is INFP - and I think that's correct

I have ESFP personality. Seems pretty accurate to me too. I usually think these personality tests are bullshit but this one was pretty much spot on.

Cool post Valixy..

The middle two letters represent the two primary functions of consciousness, i.e. your perception and your judgement. An ESFP therefore has what's known as a "SF" consciousness while INFP has a "NF" consciousness.

The temperament theory that is affiliated categorizes temperaments primarily by the perception dichotomy (N and S), and then N types are categorized further by their judgement function (NT and NF are distinct temperaments) ... although S types are categorized by the attitude of orientation (introversion or extraversion) of the sensation function, as it was apparently deemed more important in S types than the T/F distinction, thus leading to SP and SJ forming the other two temperaments. The opposite idea (NJ and NP along with SF and ST) does not necessarily yield recognized temperaments per se but will make strong allusions to other interesting characteristics that types have in common.

NT are known as rationals
    NF as idealists
    SJ as guardians - share introverted sensation in common (along with NP)
    SP as artisans - share extraverted sensation in common (along with NJ)

There is a minor contradiction in terminology as the judgement functions T and F are also known as 'rational' functions while the perception functions N and S are known as 'irrational', this is typically the primary dichotomy that was originally observed and it is concurrent with introversion and extraversion to yield four basic types of: introverted rationals, introverted irrationals, extraverted rationals, extraverted irrationals, which is distinctly different from the Kiersey temperament theory outlined above, as there are two members of the "rational" temperament of NT that are actually 'irrational' types (ENTP and INTJ).
    Last edited by masticate; 08-06-14 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nico88 View Post
    I have ESFP personality. Seems pretty accurate to me too. I usually think these personality tests are bullshit but this one was pretty much spot on.

Cool post Valixy..
    It does reflect you, doesn't it? My perception of your personality is very similar

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by masticate View Post
    The middle two letters represent the two primary functions of consciousness, i.e. your perception and your judgement. An ESFP therefore has what's known as a "SF" consciousness while INFP has a "NF" consciousness.

The temperament theory that is affiliated categorizes temperaments primarily by the perception dichotomy (N and S), and then N types are categorized further by their judgement function (NT and NF are distinct temperaments) ... although S types are categorized by the attitude of orientation (introversion or extraversion) of the sensation function, as it was apparently deemed more important in S types than the T/F distinction, thus leading to SP and SJ forming the other two temperaments. The opposite idea (NJ and NP along with SF and ST) does not necessarily yield recognized temperaments per se but will make strong allusions to other interesting characteristics that types have in common.

NT are known as rationals
    NF as idealists
    SJ as guardians - share introverted sensation in common (along with NP)
    SP as artisans - share extraverted sensation in common (along with NJ)

There is a minor contradiction in terminology as the judgement functions T and F are also known as 'rational' functions while the perception functions N and S are known as 'irrational', this is typically the primary dichotomy that was originally observed and it is concurrent with introversion and extraversion to yield four basic types of: introverted rationals, introverted irrationals, extraverted rationals, extraverted irrationals, which is distinctly different from the Kiersey temperament theory outlined above, as there are two members of the "rational" temperament of NT that are actually 'irrational' types (ENTP and INTJ).
    Thanks for the insight. You mentioned in your post that you are an INTJ type... Interesting!
    Last edited by Valixy; 08-06-14 at 02:24 AM.

First time I heard of the Myers & Briggs personality type was when I attended a leadership conference and every attendee had to answer a battery of questions ( I don't exactly remember how many questions there were) and the speaker took time to evaluate each of the responses to identify each of the attendees (attendees were all in a leadership position) personality type I came out as INTP (introvert, intuition, thinking and perceiving).

Identifying the personality of the individuals they work with can actually help someone in a leadership position (this not only apply to leadership but can also apply to all individuals) when it comes to communicating with their workers or colleague to prevent any sort of conflict and also to get more work/projects accomplished.

All types are special but INFPs are the most special of all

I already know my type it's ASSH lol

I did the test and I'm a ENTJ yup asshole, close enough lol
    Last edited by smackie9; 08-06-14 at 03:57 AM.

Mind: Extraverted (E), Introverted (I)
    Energy: Intuitive (N), Observant (S)
    Nature: Thinking (T), Feeling (F)
    Tactics: Judging (J), Prospecting (P)

I'm an INTP, apparently. Kind of fits under some aspects, but it's not so black and white. There should be profiles for people that are "in the middle".
    Last edited by searock; 08-06-14 at 05:10 AM.

INTJ here. The best one, obviously.

I'm Aries so that is very spot on. Aggressive, true leader, no empathy for the weak.

- - - Updated - - -

Conclusion: I had a rough time of it growing up and I rose above it....everyone else, no f uckin excuses!

- - - Updated - - -

This is why I'm in a supervisory position at my work. When the tough gets going they look to me....because they need cuntrol lol

Quote Originally Posted by chinagirl View Post
    First time I heard of the Myers & Briggs personality type was when I attended a leadership conference and every attendee had to answer a battery of questions ( I don't exactly remember how many questions there were) and the speaker took time to evaluate each of the responses to identify each of the attendees (attendees were all in a leadership position) personality type I came out as INTP (introvert, intuition, thinking and perceiving).

Identifying the personality of the individuals they work with can actually help someone in a leadership position (this not only apply to leadership but can also apply to all individuals) when it comes to communicating with their workers or colleague to prevent any sort of conflict and also to get more work/projects accomplished.
    I'm sure they liked a lot your personal and lidership qualities, China!

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I already know my type it's ASSH lol

I did the test and I'm a ENTJ yup asshole, close enough lol
    I actually went on the site and looked for th ASSH personality type lol
    I'm glad you took the test, Smackie. The ENTJ personality does reflect a lot of your great qualities

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Mind: Extraverted (E), Introverted (I)
    Energy: Intuitive (N), Observant (S)
    Nature: Thinking (T), Feeling (F)
    Tactics: Judging (J), Prospecting (P)

I'm an INTP, apparently. Kind of fits under some aspects, but it's not so black and white. There should be profiles for people that are "in the middle".
    You are indeed a great analyst and much more, Searock. Maybe a more extended version would reveal better if this is indeed your personality type, but then, I'm sure most people would be able to find at least one secondary personality type if they studied all types maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by KingZ View Post
    INTJ here. The best one, obviously.
    I'm not surprised

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I'm Aries so that is very spot on. Aggressive, true leader, no empathy for the weak.

- - - Updated - - -

Conclusion: I had a rough time of it growing up and I rose above it....everyone else, no f uckin excuses!
    My thanks button has disappeared again, but I wanted to say that it's great that you've been able to overcome difficulties, Smackie, and and build your own destiny

Most think aggressive is negative, but when there are times of trouble the aggressive take charge and find a resolution instead of dwelling on the issue. We will take you all to safety lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Valixy View Post
    I'm not surprised
    It's 11 PM in Spain right now, missy.

Quote Originally Posted by KingZ View Post
    • Go the fu​ck to sleep.

i'll take it but i don't buy into these kinds of tests.

- - - Updated - - -

Your personality type: ENFP
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

I think the internet is mostly 97% introvert and the 3% is extrovert.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast