+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do?

What should I do?

Warning: Huge Story Ahead

So, I don't exactly know where to start, so I'll just start here. About every weekend my family and I go out of state to a "resort" which is just a glorified trailer park :P but that's really beside the point. At the resort we are allowed to drive around golf carts, starting at like age 12. So my friend(neighbor as well) and I were driving around, and I had a little crappy stereo in the golf cart, playing some music. We were driving around and we saw these two hot girls driving around, and we waved to them, and they waved back, but they kept looking back, as we were going in opposite directions. They then turned on a road, and kept on going, and they met us at an intersection. We flagged them to go, then they wanted us to go, so we went, and they went down the other road. My friend and I figured we would meet them at another stop on a cross-road, and we did. We kept telling them to go, but they wanted us to go first, and my friend took his hands off the wheel, and then I told him to take the keys out and drop them on the ground, and so did the girl that was driving the other golf cart. We both laughed a little, and when he went to pick up the key so did the girl, and she got them faster than he did and she drove off, and I could see the girl sitting on the back was laughing. We followed them, and turned onto a different road then they did, and they turned around, and went on the same road we were on. I pulled off the road, right in front of the laundry room. They pulled off next to us, and asked us to go swimming with them, and we said no, I didn't know what really to say, as we didn't have any swim trunks. They then drove off and went to the pool, and we just continued driving around for a while; then we went back to check in with my friend's uncle. We told him what happened, and he said he had some swim trunks we could borrow, and we did, and just our luck, when we were going to the pool, the girls were coming back at the same time. My friend was like, we're going to the pool, and the girls said they were just there, so I figured they weren't coming, so we drove on, but then we turned around, just to see if they were coming or not, and we saw them coming down, and we pulled over, and asked them if they were going to the pool, and they said yeah, and they just got a drink. We went to the pool with them, and found us some chairs, and the girls didn't come in for like 10 minutes, and I thought they ditched us, so I went and looked and just as I turned the corner, I almost walked into them. I then went back to the chairs with my friend. The girls came over shortly and sat their stuff down, and just walked away over to the opposite corner of the pool, and my friend, followed them, so I followed him. The one girl pushed the other into the water, and she just sat there, cause the water was really cold. I then got in the water, and shortly after so did my friend. So we were all in a corner and we never really talked, or interacted with the girls, and one of them overheard us talking about drowning, and they were like Why are you talking about drowning? and I was said, because he said he can't swim. Then he came in and said I can swim, and I said, well you told me you can't swim very well, and he just stopped talking. For the whole 20 minutes we were in the pool we never talked to those girls, and they got their stuff, and moved over to the other corner of the pool and just sat there, so my friend and I just left. That was like the most awkward moment of my life. We left, went back to our trailers, and changed back into our clothes. We then wen't riding around, and my brother joined us. When we were coming up the street the girls lived on I saw one of them running up the road, and I asked her if she needed a ride, and she asked if I could take her up to the office, and I said sure. She said not to go down the road she lived on though, so I didn't. When we got there she got off and thanked me for the ride and I said you're welcome. We drove around for a while, and came back up by the pool, and we were going to use the WiFi there, and when we were done, we came out and I went to go buy a soda. I didn't have any one dollar bills, or a five, so I stuck a $20 bill in the machine, the one spit it out, so I went to the other machine, it took it, and I was so surprised, I hit the button for the soda, and it came out, and I got a quarter back, and I was thinking...what the hell? It read it as a $1 bill, not a $20 bill. I then went back to the golf cart, and the girls were at theirs, and they had a hard time believing how old I was, so I had to go to the lengths of getting my driver's licence out to prove it. My friend asked them if they wanted to hang out later, and they said sure. We never talked to them after that. The last time we came up to the office(to get my $19 back) the girls came out as I was leaving and wanted to know our names, and we all sat silent for a while, and I said will you tell us yours? and she said her name, and so I said who we were, then the other girl came out, and I had to repeat myself. They then went back to the pool, and again she thanked me for the ride.

That about sums it all up, just at times that we were driving by each other the girl on the back would wave, so I waved back, and she waved again, and so did I, and so on. Whenever we drove by them, or their trailer they would stare at us, and would wave.

So I don't know what I should do. I'm a very shy guy, and just talking to them took everything I had. I wan't to get to know them better, but I don't know what to really say or do. I could tell by the way the one girl looked at me that she liked me, but that's about it.

Invite them to go swimming with you and just have fun.

If you reply with another "huge story ahead" please use paragraphs.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Just talk to them like you would your own friends. Don't take it so seriously. You're more likely to psych yourself out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Invite them to go swimming with you and just have fun.

If you reply with another "huge story ahead" please use paragraphs.
    Yeah, I'll invite them to go swimming...but they invited me the first time, and we really didn't talk at all, I just am the worst at starting conversations or flirting.

Just talk about really general stuff that you know the two of you are going to know something about, like, "Have you seen Frozen?" or "What do you think of this song Light 'Em Up?". They don't have to be deep conversations- hell, it'd be preferable if they weren't- but show interest in their thoughts and feelings and stuff and you'll have more fun because you'll all be a little less shy. Be more confident, too.
    Other than conversational stuff, girls don't like being touched by people they barely know, but if you tease them a little, they may be open to more flirty stuff. For example, if she's standing in the doorway, playfully be like, "Wow, just gonna take up the whole doorway I see?" Make sure to laugh and smile and stuff and have talked to her before or she'll be offended. Don't hit her or throw things at her, but touching her hair or pushing her veeeeery lightly will show you're interested.
    Friends can sometimes be a barrier between you and a potential partner, but sometimes they can be total leverage. Use your friend to make you look good. Obviously not by putting him down or anything:if you two can bounce jokes off of each other or show stuff about yourselves by being together, then make sure you do this while including the girls in your antics.
    Don't be afraid to try new and/or nostalgic stuff, too, like bet them they can't jump off of this big rock or play on rope swings.
    Also give them sexy looks.

Hope that helped a little. Flirting during the summer is the same basic principle, but kind of a different ball game than flirting during school