+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should i ask her out? What Should i do? Do you think she likes me back?

Should i ask her out? What Should i do? Do you think she likes me back?

Hey guys,
    So recently i have started to like a girl in my group of friends. I've known her for a couple years now and i just recently started to like her. So what she does occasionally is when we are laughing at something (A YouTube video for example), she'll rest her head on me for a second and lift it back up. I once tried to put my head on hers, but she lifted it back up like she would normally do. She has also hugged me for not much of a reason (like once or twice) and she has also leaned on me occasionally too. Other "signals" she gives me is that we both initiate the conversation, she almost always looks at me in the eyes when talking, and we always are each others "partners" for playing a card game called Gumpsh whenever we play it. She also looks at me directly in the eyes (most of the time) when i talk to her, and i think i see her look at me in the corner of my eye during class (Or that might just be me staring at her or imagining things). So i decided to begin my quest to ask her out. I devised a plan to give her a fortune cookie with a fortune saying something "I like you, would you like to be my girlfriend?" Or something like that. She is usually pretty outgoing with her friends like me. I also took it to the measure by asking her closer girl-friends and others like that if they knew what her feelings were towards me were. Then, i found out that she had previously said multiple times that if she were to date someone, it wouldn't be someone in the group of friends. According to her friends, they said she last said it on Saturday. So, with that in mind, i have no idea what to do now as i am within the group. I was planning on telling her how i feel during a party for my school club we are having in a couple of days. Its going to be a pool party, so i would be able to hide the cookie in a towel or in a bag. But now after hearing the no dating in the friend group thing, I'm beginning to second guess myself.

Please give me advice on what to do!! I'm so lost. Thanks you very much!

(And regarding the no dating in the friend group thing... Does that mean i just got Friendzoned? :/ )

Just because a girl hugs or puts her head on your shoulder, doesn't mean she has romantic feelings for you UNLESS you two have newly met. It's the fact you two are friends for two years, she is just comfortable with you in a sisterly/brotherly way. What she said about not dating anyone in the group is the truth. If she had taken a shine for you, she would have made sure that message would get to you.

Tip: never express your feelings to someone you are not dating. If you have an interest, just ask them out and let it progress to saying I like you, be my GF.
    Last edited by smackie9; 10-06-14 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Just because a girl hugs or puts her head on your shoulder, doesn't mean she has romantic feelings for you UNLESS you two have newly met. It's the fact you two are friends for two years, she is just comfortable with you in a sisterly/brotherly way. What she said about not dating anyone in the group is the truth. If she had taken a shine for you, she would have made sure that message would get to you.

Tip: never express your feelings to someone you are not dating. If you have an interest, just ask them out and let it progress to saying I like you, be my GF.
    Hey, Thanks alot for replying to the post. I really appreciate it. If you couldn't tell, I'm kinda new at this whole dating thing . But anyways although i was friends with her for a while, we never really connected like we did this year. During this year, we both had the same class together, and she didn't have any of her "main girl group of friends" with her. In fact, she acknowledges that fact and even wrote in my yearbook that she is very happy that we've grown so much closer this year than just being distant friends, and that i am one of her closest guy friends. Does that change anything? Sorry if this was relatively important or not. Anyways, thanks again for replying

Smackie9 nailed it. Ask her out and let things go there naturally. Just randomly asking her to be your gf one day could be pretty awkward..

Ask her out on a date and make sure it's clear to her that it is a date. If she says no, then clearly, she wants to keep the friendship and nothing else.

Yolo! Ask her out!

No it doesn't change anything....to me it's sounding friends zone. If she quoted something "You are the hottest guy I know <3" etc then you have a chance.

Girls get emotionally attached, and it has nothing to do with romantic feelings at all. That is just how girls at made...we are more emotional, guys are more on the physical end of thinking. I know it gets confusing because you are at an age where you are all still trying to figure out your feelings and stuff.