+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reason Why You Would Go Out With Someone‬

Quote Originally Posted by TheEvilJester View Post
    I may have to try POF or OK Cupid to form my own opinion. I forgot about them. However, from my experience, Match is just as much a load of crap. The vast majority of people don't message you back. The few that do, it seems even they don't take anything seriously. For the most part, the only people who have bothered to respond wind up disappearing after one or two messages. I'm seriously already wondering why the Hell I bothered, and I haven't even been on all that long yet. It's hard not to get frustrated and take it personally. But, I would guess it is not too different from anybody's experience using these crappy sites.
    EvilJester, have you tried Eharmony? That's how I met my BF. All the guys I met there were decent. I had no bad dating experience from that site so far. I've only been there for a couple of months until I met my BF. I guess I lucked out. That's the only dating site I've tried and was successful so far.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    There are more than one to check out.
    Ok you have me on the volume argument. My type doesn't seem to hang out in groups in bars or clubs. Dinner parties would be another example similar to yours. I know people who met their spouses that way. Conferences too, but my issue with those is they are typically people in the same profession. Not always a good thing.

Online dating, at least the more selective paid sites, seems to work for busy professionals who don't have time to meet people outside of work. You know, you are an ER medico who works shifts..how do you meet someone at a club when you work nights?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I see your point not too many things to do during the day because most people are at work. I can see how difficult it would be to find anyone working that kind of shift. You would definitely need to meet someone of like schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by chinagirl View Post
    EvilJester, have you tried Eharmony? That's how I met my BF. All the guys I met there were decent. I had no bad dating experience from that site so far. I've only been there for a couple of months until I met my BF. I guess I lucked out. That's the only dating site I've tried and was successful so far.
    To be honest with you, I was instantly turned off by Eharmony as soon as I saw that don't let you see a person's full profile and pictures unless you become a paid member. To me, that is absolutely stupid. Why would I bother to give you a dime of my hard-earned money without at least thinking there may actually be some people I'd like to contact? I understand they provide a service and need to make money. Thing is, that is why other sites will let you see people's profiles, but if you want to contact them you have to have a paid membership. To me, that is fair. Then I can see if there is anybody that interests me and decide if it is worth it to pay.

Plus, I hate that we as humans are like this, but the truth is physical attraction does matter. I mean, mind you I'm not a shallow person, and I tend to find people attractive based more on their personality than their physical appearance. But, you still can't help what you do and don't find attractive. So, I wouldn't want to waste my time or anybody else's time getting to know each other only to potentially find out we don't find one another attractive.

But, I may give Eharmony a try at some point anyway. I'm sure there is enough people on there that some will interest me. Hopefully I'll have better luck. I don't know, though. So far it has pretty much been what I expected, and I DON'T mean that in a good way. I don't need this kind of frustration in my life, so I am having a hard time seeing the value in bothering to keep trying.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123