+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reason Why You Would Go Out With Someone‬

Reason Why You Would Go Out With Someone‬

Hi!

I'm doing a little research. Please help by answering: Would you go out with someone based solely on his/her picture and on having similar interests? If so, what type of information would you need before going out (if any)? If not, why not?

Thank you!

You mean what is needed to attract me to want to date someone on a dating site?

I would never use online dating. I would go out, make eye contact, flirt and socially interact with men til I found someone that has good chemistry. You can't get that from a picture or a profile.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    You mean what is needed to attract me to want to date someone on a dating site?

I would never use online dating. I would go out, make eye contact, flirt and socially interact with men til I found someone that has good chemistry. You can't get that from a picture or a profile.
    Hi smackie9. Let's say that it's not online dating. Would you go out with someone based solely on having the same interests?

Of course. It's just a date

In online dating, there is nothing else to go with. Only the picture and a few similar interests is all you need to message someone and if that period goes well, there's no reason not to meet up with them and find out the unexplored parts of their character.

Regarding other type of information, I would only go out with a girl who has the same goal as I do for registering in an online dating site - for me that's: "Looking for a serious relationship". Her age is important to me, I wouldn't want to date someone who is 3 years or more younger than me and also, wouldn't date someone who is 5 years older than me. Then ofcourse her habits are kind of important too, if she's a smoker then it's a no-go. Education plays a small role, but I'd be hesitant to meet up or even date someone who hasn't finished 12th grade (she might have circumstances, but still). And finally, family status is kind of important, I don't think I'm okay with the idea of being a step-dad, so I just ignore girls with kids.

As for when you meet someone in real life.. that's a no brainer, you like her - you ask her out and what follows - follows.
    Last edited by Archie; 10-06-14 at 04:51 PM.

Sure, it's just a date. I would make sure to meet him in a public, safe location though. You never know.

Oh, by the way, age is also important: no older than 3 years older than me and no younger than 3 years younger than me.

I've been in an on line dating and I've gone out on dates with guys solely based on their pictures and similar interests. It was all positive experiences and so far, everyone I met were decent and gentlemen. One of them is currently my BF of almost 6 years.

It's just a date, so why not. It's not like you're getting married to the person.
    Last edited by chinagirl; 10-06-14 at 07:13 PM.

Never done the online dating thing. I prefer meeting people the old fashioned way. But I have been set up in the past by a few of my buddies and all I had to go on was a picture..well their instagrams..so a lot of pictures haha.

But I mean going out on dates is all about seeing if you two really mesh and connect so I don't think it matters if you're going off a picture or seeing them physically in front of you..

If we had similar interest and hobbies and she looked OK, then yes I would go on a date with a gal. With online dating the first thing I look for is to see whether or not they indicate tobacco or marijuana usage. The use of either of these is an immediate deal breaker. I can't stomach the smell if tobacco and I am against the use of marijuana and because of my work, I cannot associate with it.
    If they don't do either of these I checkout their interest and hobbies to see if we have anything in common. If we have interest in common then I will check out her pic. If she isn't obese to me then I will contact her. I don't really care for skinny girls, I like some meat on the bones but her size should fit her height, so she should be HWP.

Then I just hope we have some good chemistry when we meet for our first date.

When it comes to online dating, that is all you have to go by. So, of course I would. Heck, how is that all that different from meeting somebody in real life? In fact, typically you know less about the person than if you met them through online dating.

Now, would I be more serious with a girl than just dating them simply based on that? Of course not. But, again, I wouldn't do that with somebody I met in real life either. With anybody, you'd have to date a bit to see if you are truly compatible. The whole point of dating is to get to know somebody better and see if there could be a connection.

Quote Originally Posted by njrefine View Post
    Hi smackie9. Let's say that it's not online dating. Would you go out with someone based solely on having the same interests?
    No I would have to be attracted to them physically first. Not just looks but how they carry themselves, confident, friendly, outgoing.

- - - Updated - - -

I've done the random dating thing where I give them a first date to see what they are like. It's a big waste of time.

I don't base who I go out with on that. I just talk to the guy and see if we can carry on a conversation together- how it feels to talk and all. And then the date just becomes an instance to see if there is more of an emotional connection.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I've done the random dating thing where I give them a first date to see what they are like. It's a big waste of time.
    I do understand that. I've had dates with four separate people I met online and each one was a waste.
    The first one was completely unable to put her phone down so we could talk and get to know each other.
    The second one kept asking about my income and if I got regular pay increases. Never answered any of those question. I don't think thats appropriate first date topics.
    The third was using an older thinner pic of herself. And I felt more like she was just looking for someone to buy her dinner.
    The last gal had no pic, described herself as tall and curvy. We meet for breakfast on a Saturday. Ya she was tall 5'10 maybe 5'11 but I would have to say she was a good 300+ lbs. And to me, thats not curvy, just plan fat.

Wow! You're responses are all interesting. I'm getting different point of views here, which is good.

Ya I have to physically interact with a man before I can determine if he is worth pursuing, but not on a date, more like finding them at a local pub or through a group thing with friends. I prefer seeing what I like, make eye contact and do a flirtation from across the room, be chased. It more fun, and exciting that way. I hated dates.....boring.
    Last edited by smackie9; 11-06-14 at 11:00 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast