+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's going on? What's this trend with the unemployed men?

Quote Originally Posted by lalalita View Post
    There are bikes, scooters, and low and behold...your feet. Where there is a will, there is a way. I really dislike people who have the mindset that not having a car means not having a life.

But, either way, a man not having a car is not a deal breaker for me.
    In general, where do you live?

lalalita Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BeyondReason View Post
    In general, where do you live?
    About a 15 min train ride outside of NYC.

OP, don't change who you are because you haven't succeeded to find a romantic partner in the last 12 months or some girls that interested you preferred someone else. Rejection hurts for everyone but you just have to give yourself a bit more time and not take it so personally. The right woman for you is out there, you'll see. Have you ever tried online dating? You could build a pretty good profile without sounding like you're bragging about your personal realisations. Apparently women show a lot of interest when reading about an interesting successful man :-)
    Last edited by Valixy; 11-06-14 at 06:07 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Yet, each of these girls were "snatched" by a part-time dude, who had no car, no house, and barely any money, one of them even got fired for drinking on the job and she's still with him. ?????
    You are still very young, and lots of girls your age do not yet value productivity. If you are a decent guy, that will change. For every 21 year old who thinks it's no big deal to put up with this, there is a 30 year old who would disagree.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

There are no busses in Suffolk County, except for very explicit lines from the train station to landmarks and government buildings. On Long Island, you truly are immobile without a car. This would be akin to living in City (NYC) without busses and subways.
    There are buses and the LIRR on Long Island. Maybe transportation is not accessible as living in NYC but there are ways to get around.

You do not seriously think that having a car alone is a pre requisite for women on Long Island to date you, do you?

Do you rate girls strictly on appearance?
    Do you actually believe they rate you strictly on your materialist conquests?

The answer might be yes, but it might mean something completely different than what you think it means.

Why would I have accepted her invitation, I don't need any more friends, and I'm certainly not going to date someone whose honor has been befouled by a loser.
    You left her stranded Pal! Yeah....youre right...she is a loser....for calling you

In fact most guys at my job hive-fived me, I crushed that punk.
    You sound like my 11 year old son

Quote Originally Posted by chinagirl View Post
    There are buses and the LIRR on Long Island. Maybe transportation is not accessible as living in NYC but there are ways to get around.

You do not seriously think that having a car alone is a pre requisite for women on Long Island to date you, do you?
    He also apparently hasn't heard of the inventions called "taxi" "bicycle" and "shoe".

Trust me, I agree you just said, except for the misery part. This player was so embarrassed that when the story circulated that he had no money for a ride and made her pay for the taxi. It brought an abrupt end to his "moves" on all the girls at my job. He lost far more than I did, in fact, other than that particular girl, I don't seem to have damaged any other relationship thus far.

In fact most guys at my job hive-fived me, I crushed that punk.
    So what are you gonna do when he gets a beat-up Ford for $500 and gets way more pussy than you with your BMW?

Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    So what are you gonna do when he gets a beat-up Ford for $500 and gets way more pussy than you with your BMW?
    Hey hey hey... a beat-up Ford these days is more like $1500.

Which is slightly more than we paid for our beat-up Mercury (same thing) 3 years ago. So far almost trouble-free. Damn I loves me a good deal.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by chinagirl View Post
    most women now are very independent and are not necessarily looking for someone who has a car and a house, intelligence as prereqs
    You just need to keep on looking until you find someone you click with.
    As a female who fits all of the above^, with my own car, house, intelligence... why would I want a partner who *isn't* my match? That's not to say that unemployment can't happen to any of us, but that's a lot different from someone who hits the gym vs. pounding the pavement to become gainfully employed.

just a bizarre series of ****ed up choices by these particular females
    ^Sounds right to me...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valixy View Post
    Have you ever tried online dating?
    This is a good suggestions. Sites like e-harmony will triage potentials based on education, profession, values, etc.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post

This is a good suggestions. Sites like e-harmony will triage potentials based on education, profession, values, etc.
    Serious question: Do sites like E-harmony actually yield decent results, in the marriage sense?

You see, I'm not only looking for a girlfriend, but potentially a wife, perhaps they have sensed that. I have a four bedroom house (two bathroom + living room + dining room + den + garage + full basement), two cars and making decent net income at the end of the month. I'm not waiting until I'm 30 to meet a 29-31 year old when she's nearing the end of her fertility.

I'm already prepared to start a family, a large one at that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    Believe it or not, I actually don't judge a man by what type of car he has, just whether or not he actually has one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lalalita View Post
    About a 15 min train ride outside of NYC.
    So you live in Queens/Western Nassau? Or do you live in NJ?

Serious question: Do sites like E-harmony actually yield decent results, in the marriage sense?

You see, I'm not only looking for a girlfriend, but potentially a wife, perhaps they have sensed that. I have a four bedroom house (two bathroom + living room + dining room + den + garage + full basement), two cars and making decent net income at the end of the month. I'm not waiting until I'm 30 to meet a 29-31 year old when she's nearing the end of her fertility.

I'm already prepared to start a family, a large one at that.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -
    To answer your question, i met my boyfriend on EHarmony and he is a very decent person. I don't know about yielding better results in terms of marriage but every single guy i met there were decent and honest enough to post their current pics.

Like Indi said, they will match you based on your profile and preferences (age, geographical location and distance, educational background, profession, income, kids/no kids, etc) so some of the weeding out is already done for you.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You see, I'm not only looking for a girlfriend, but potentially a wife, perhaps they have sensed that.
    It could be daunting for women that age, yes. Its probably best to keep early conversations to lighter topics.
    I'm assuming you are reasonably intelligent and not asking them to get married on the 2nd date...
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

And my BF's friend also met his wife on EHarmony.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast