+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Meet up with ex?

Meet up with ex?

My ex has asked to meet up so we can catch up, haven't seen each other in a year. We tried to meet up before but he abruptly cancelled last minute. Is it really for catching up? We broke up because we moved to different countries for university.

Never go backwards. Your not together anymore and its time to accept its over. Move forward, go on dates, meet someone new. You deserve better than someone who picks you up and drops you as he pleases. Theres billions of other guys out there so dont waste any more time on your ex.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Honestly, by asking that question, you're setting yourself up to be disappointed. Really, you (and even all of us on here) don't have enough information if he hasn't said anything else, so there's no way of knowing what he wants. Only he knows what he wants, and by thinking, "Oh, he wants to get back together" you're really setting yourself up for disappointment. So, my best advice is to go into it not expecting anything- not wondering "is he going to do (insert plan here) or (insert other plan)"? Just leave it be what it will be, and don't try to figure it out.

However, I must advise against getting back together, like Michelle said... If he does, take a long time to consider it- don't rush- and truly evaluate everything.. It'll save you some heartache, and I don't think it would be wise for you to go back to him. Moving forward means learning from your mistakes and applying it to the future- kind of like painting.. If you give it a go on one canvass and tear the middle, sometimes it's best to try to create something better on a new canvass instead of taping up the old one. Why work with something broken if you don't have to?

If you only broke up because he moved for university it's not all that bad.

If there's more reasons to this well then probably not a good idea.

Ask yourself these questions:

> Do YOU want to see him?

>> If no, don't.

>>If yes, what do YOU want to do when you see him?

>>>If you want to catch up for a chat, then make the setting at a busy cafe. Somewhere with other people / non-romantic. Maybe schedule to have dinner with a friend later so there's no chance of getting frisky later. But if you DO want to have ex-sex or something along those lines, well, maybe find a more romantic place to see each other.

One thing I learned from my relationship. You can love and care about someone (be it your partner or your ex/s) but you have to love YOURSELF more. In the end, you're all you've got. So instead of worrying about what HE wants, do what YOU want. Take control of the situation.
    That which does not kill us
    only makes us stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by qmgal123 View Post
    Is it really for catching up?
    No.

(insert pointless characters here to fill minimum character limit)