+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice on whether to give up - 'not head over heels'

Advice on whether to give up - 'not head over heels'

I'm currently in my second longish term relationship.. we've been together for just a year now and up until the last couple of weeks everything had been great bar a few hiccups. My boyfriend is 20 and in his first year uni and i'm 18 myself.. it's been hard being apart during the year but i see him every weekend and at holidays and i've visited a few times. We've both had exams etc the past two months but his have finished and he's been out partying everyday since. A few days ago we had an argument because there had been pictures of him from a night out passed out on another girls bed and also carrying this girl, they do the same course and are good friends, he's very fond of her. Just a few months ago we also had an argument about her as well, please note i'm not the jealous type, i let him go out, drink and hang out with girls all the time, i just think when in a relationship there is certain boundaries that you don't cross. Anyway after this argument he started crying on the phone and saying he wasn't head over heels, he didn't see us together in 10 years and i was so shocked and hurt by it because it never seemed that serious and i never expected him to say those things because just the day before he was telling me how much he loved me and missed me etc. he said he needed space to think and clear his head, a couple of hours later he text me saying he wanted to work on things and get better again as a couple but i don't think i will be able to look at him the same, i had to dropout of my exam because i was in no fit shape to revise or sit it the next day so i'm still quite angered by that. He's made little effort to make things up but just keeps saying he doesn't want to break up, he's been out drunk the past two nights while i've been sitting in trying to revise while this all circulates in my mind. I'm so confused, what do you guys think?

You are not spending enough time to bond, plus he may feel more of a connection with another. These long distant relationship fail, mostly because you are young, still partying, and being exposed to a freer type life style compared to a more mature adult settled life style. You shouldn't be doing it at your age is what I'm saying because there is way too much temptation around, hormones, etc. IMO it's a waste of time.

You need to take your time to really think about this. Do you see a future with him now? Maybe you're still angry over what he said. I hope you 2 work things out.