+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Continuation of selfies . .. ... .... ..... monogamy debunked

Yes​​​​​​​.

I still say it's OCD............it must hurt so much not to respond, him rockin back and forth like a heron addict needing a fix.

shhhh. hush now, pet. it's over.

I think OP has some good points. I was definitely very interested in what he wrote. All this hate is because his opinion is different: I thought mommies and daddies taught their kids to be TOLERANT?
    Last edited by YoungCosmo; 13-06-14 at 12:31 PM.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by masticate View Post
    I don't claim to have falsified it so much as debunked it as and immoral and irrational way of life, friend.

Perhaps the grieving old man grieves because he knows it's too late.
    Dont be an idiot. My granddad grieved for my grandmother for 20 years. He never moved on, never even tried to. My gran-uncle died of a broken heart after his wife of 50 years died. He was healthy all his life-she died and the stress gave him cancer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    I think OP has some good points. I was definitely very interested in what he wrote. All this hate is because his opinion is different: I thought mommies and daddies taught their kids to be TOLERANT?
    Your back I was just wondering where you were yesterday-hoping you were okay. Hows life mister?
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

No worries the OP will receive his 11 virgins when he passes on.

- - - Updated - - -

LR admitted in the chatbox he's been experiencing girls and boys......

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Dont be an idiot. My granddad grieved for my grandmother for 20 years. He never moved on, never even tried to. My gran-uncle died of a broken heart after his wife of 50 years died. He was healthy all his life-she died and the stress gave him cancer.
    The thing is, that by replying to you with an argument, it's an open invitation for your white knight to return. Sounds like fun!!~

So.. the stress gave him cancer hey? Wow. Tell me more about how that happened. He died of a broken heart hey? Wow! Tell me more about how THAT happened!

[spoiler]
    National Cancer Institute reports, “Although studies have shown that stress factors, such as death of a spouse, social isolation, and medical school examinations, alter the way the immune system functions, they have not provided scientific evidence of a direct cause-and-effect relationship between these immune system changes and the development of cancer.”
    [/spoiler]

Please. There was no need to go there. If I argue with you it will be taken personally. Extremely personally. Don't put yourself in that kind of situation.

You quoted me as saying "perhaps" which is an acknowledgement of a possibility and not a conclusive statement. You called me an idiot and made conclusive statements about humanity based on two anecdotal examples that are basically scientific bogus in order to prove that grieving men grieve which is not even something I argued against in the first place. I didn't suggest they don't grieve I suggested there could be multiple reasons why, and that possibility still stands in the face of your recent post as it is not objectively available information whether or not he grieved over a potential* life lost to shackles or if he grieved over lost love (even if he reported it) so therefore when generalizing about humanity it is not appropriate to rule out possibilities which could be potentially true such as the one I suggested. By ruling out a possibility altogether you are neglecting the third possibility that one might despair over both concepts (and more) simultaneously. It's called a moral dilemma and some people bear them for life. (oh I'm generalizing about humanity again here btw not talking about your gramps. I'm talking about KingZ's hypothetical grieving old man as an archetype. Archetypes are a highly intuitive means of communication and it's possible you didn't grasp that the first time.) You cannot speculate about the absolute nature of an archetype as that interferes with the wave pattern of interpretation by forcing all possibilities into sudden alignment in time. Sorry if you don't understand quantum mechanical allusions but let's just say that you don't know what you don't know so you shouldn't pretend that you do because now you're dictating reality for everybody whereas KingZ and I were speaking in a plane of possibilities with infinite realities. Oh I have so lost you lol I could just keep tying whatever it won't matter you quit reading long ago.

*Many people are fixated on things like potential. For some, it is of utmost importance, far more important than the drudgery of daily life.
    Last edited by masticate; 14-06-14 at 02:46 AM.

Dear O.P

Wow, you've really stirred the pot up eh? Well, without getting all philosophical or using my big words of which I have few, it sounds to me like you are hurting my fellow cyber space poster.
    5 years is a long time to be lied to about such things and I can see why its the betrayal over the actual act that bothers you most.

It is difficult for me to agree with the whole, humans ought not be expected to share a monogamous relationship with one other person because I am in a relationship myself and the idea of one of us straying would torture me and boil my blood; yet, I do see your point. Is it really fair? I mean, after decades of being with the same person, would it even be healthy to share with another. I don't know.
    Perhaps if the connection remains good between the original two, another man or woman wouldn't be sought after.

Again, if I'm not understanding your question regarding monogamy, well, small brain here, bare with me.

Back to you.
    I hope you find the healing you need for both you and yours to move on in a positive direction, be that with each other or another.

Peas

ll if you wernt a narcissist OP you would probably understand the emotional turmoil of losing your spouse. And you dont have to be a doctor to know that stress can cause all sorts of illnesses including cancer. Its actually a proven fact that many men die within a year after losing their wife or child-usually a heart attack or cancer brought on by stress.

And even the nurse in the hospital said that his cancer could have been prevented if hed gotten counselling after she died
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    Dear O.P

Wow, you've really stirred the pot up eh? Well, without getting all philosophical or using my big words of which I have few, it sounds to me like you are hurting my fellow cyber space poster.
    5 years is a long time to be lied to about such things and I can see why its the betrayal over the actual act that bothers you most.

It is difficult for me to agree with the whole, humans ought not be expected to share a monogamous relationship with one other person because I am in a relationship myself and the idea of one of us straying would torture me and boil my blood; yet, I do see your point. Is it really fair? I mean, after decades of being with the same person, would it even be healthy to share with another. I don't know.
    Perhaps if the connection remains good between the original two, another man or woman wouldn't be sought after.

Again, if I'm not understanding your question regarding monogamy, well, small brain here, bare with me.

Back to you.
    I hope you find the healing you need for both you and yours to move on in a positive direction, be that with each other or another.

Peas
    Hey brother,

You got that right! You said you see what I mean about the 'guilty act' bothering me the most but I think you meant to say the 'guilty mind' is what bothers me the most because that is what the message is.... If I remove the guilt from the act there is no guilty act... diggin it.

Trying to heal by piecing the facts together and deciding what is logical and virtuous. I am not the sole arbiter of logic or virtue but these are the arguments I'm looking to entertain.

Something I should say is that immoral is a harsh term that can be taken personally even by the coolest of cats however that's not the way I meant it. It's just cynical bs with a point somewhere deep within and if ya feel it right then you'll know how I put the pieces together. I know the pieces fit.

So.. the stress gave him cancer hey? Wow. Tell me more about how that happened.
    You really are a special type of moron.

A quick Google query can patch this right up: [url]http://bit.ly/1p2HRwg[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    ll if you wernt a narcissist OP you would probably understand the emotional turmoil of losing your spouse. And you dont have to be a doctor to know that stress can cause all sorts of illnesses including cancer. Its actually a proven fact that many men die within a year after losing their wife or child-usually a heart attack or cancer brought on by stress.

And even the nurse in the hospital said that his cancer could have been prevented if hed gotten counselling after she died
    Yup you sure did miss the point.

Stress causes a weakening in the immune system last I checked. Although this can contribute to the development of cancer it is not a causative relationship. You are spreading false information.

Stating an objective observation is a proven fact is rhetorical. Stating the meaning or cause requires rigorous establishment of a causative relationship that event A causes event B. We have strayed from the realm of 'thought experiments' and 'archetypes' into the literal world here and so now you do need evidence* or else... you're blowing hot air chick.

*Anecdotal evidence is of very little value in this kind of instance

PS> the nurse was taking care of your feelings that's why she lied to you. I won't do that,k?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KingZ View Post
    You really are a special type of moron.

A quick Google query can patch this right up
    Did you read any of those links dude?
    They all say the same thing: no evidence of a causative relationship. I already did Google it, before I replied. That's why I quoted the National Cancer Institute. Boy is your foot in your ****ing mouth.

- - - Updated - - -

I would advise against arguing this point any further. Y'all can't handle this.
    Think about what you're ****ing doing here people. It's proven wrong. Let it go.
    Last edited by masticate; 14-06-14 at 04:00 AM.

Did you read any of those links dude?
    They all say the same thing: no evidence of a causative relationship. I already did Google it, before I replied. That's why I quoted the National Cancer Institute. Boy is your foot in your ****ing mouth.
    Standard straw man; I don't know why I expected anything else from you.

Michelle said that stress gave him cancer. She did not say that stress causes cancer.

There isn't evidence for a causal relationship (something exceptionally difficult to prove in any case), but there are very clear links between the two, even if indirect.

Quote Originally Posted by KingZ View Post
    Michelle said that stress gave him cancer. She did not say that stress causes cancer.
    uh, what?
    You're not serious. It's the same thing.

Let it go. This is off topic and tangential. Save your energy for things that matter.

The funny thing is even if I admit you're right it won't matter... you will still be, not right.

Her anecdote wasn't even relevant to the discussion as I've already explained; it places unnecessary restrictions to materialize an abstract perception by making a hypothetical archetypal example into something real, personal, and consequentially irrelevant and insignificant.

She used the evidence that her ancestor fell into despair over his dead wife (which is always going to be at best - a mere possibility) as 'proof' to refute the idea that an old man might despair over something other than his late wife (which is what I said).... her argument effectively moves to deny the possibility this could even happen which shut the whole thing down. Now we have witnessed an open-ended and constructive thought experiment devolve into a nitpicking debate about whether stress causes cancer or whether cancer is caused by stress. This is really a much better example of what nitpicking is, smackie9, should you happen to stumble through this paragraph.
    Last edited by masticate; 14-06-14 at 04:19 AM.

Two cents... Chronic stress can evoke inflammatory response, inflammation can effect tumor development and progression. Did the stress caused the cancer? Maybe, maybe not... but there is a cuasative effect between chronic inflammation and cancer.

Till next time love forum people...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast