+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I forget her?

How do I forget her?

I was deeply in love with this girl but then things turned out very bad. Now I am not in contact with her at all but everything reminds me of her and the moments we spent together. How do I get her off my mind? I am always thinking of her? I am always having an urge to contact her and try to repair things back? Help me please!

only time can do that for you.

Distract yourself with some activities.

I literally ~just~ went through this as I also recently broke up.

I know this is no reassurance, but time WILL heal your wounds. Don't be afraid to cry/mourn until you are too tired to do so. I cried for a week before I had no more tears.

Also, FRIENDS. You may not want to talk to anyone (except her) but I assure you, you HAVE to go hang out with your friends. They WILL make you feel better. I promise.

Whatever you do, try not to be alone with your thoughts. Your mind starts to conjure a lot of silly irrational thoughts. You don't want that.
    That which does not kill us
    only makes us stronger.

Removing whatever that reminds you of her and put it away or throw it out.

Keep yourself busy with other things. Hang out with friends too. The more time you spend alone the worse it gets. And yes time will heal this.

Its been almost three months now, I haven't contacted her, removed everything that reminded me of her, started working full time and I have a busy social life but the moment I have nothing to do, I end up thinking of her! WTF, First I loved her, now I hate her for making a fool out of me, but I don't want to hate or love her, I just want to get rid of her, forget her, and forget that she even ever existed in this world! Even other girls, I hang out with, remind me of her!! I am so tired.. I am so tired of her that it seems to me it was my biggest mistake to meet her, I feel as if she is a tumor in my mind I can't get rid of and will eventually kill me! What should I do?

I seriously feel I want to speak my heart out to her, but its of no use because, now, I just want to insult her so much!! I want to remove this damn hatred, if I hate her, I can't forget her either!!!
    Last edited by Falleninlove; 07-07-14 at 07:32 AM.

There is this saying, "Forgive and forget".

my heart goes out to you. You did fall hard. you will heal but sometimes it is harder than others. Is she your first love?

Yeah, she is my first love!!

I don't know..If you find me, let me know.
    Yeah I can understand your feeling but try this may be this can help you.. Be with a friend or friends. You must have some support, and no, you may not hole up in your room. Your friends play a vital role in helping you get back on the top of the world. Exercise. No one likes a football player who is fat, flabby and lazy because a cheerleader dumped him. Use etiquette. Etiquette suggests that after you have been snubbed, you stop talking to them. This helps because you do not have to try to avoid them. Work hard. This helps take your mind off your ex. Work hard at your job, at school, and at home. Forgive. In the end you should forgive them. Grudges are not good for life.