+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Has anyone had a relationship like this ? Please help,i really need advice!

Has anyone had a relationship like this ? Please help,i really need advice!

I've been dating an ex marine for about two years now...he's 25 ,I'm 21. In the beginning of our relationship he was on instagram flirting with other women, looking up teenagers and on live jasmine searching "teens".

I catch him staring at females all the time even though I told him how I felt about it.all of his marine friends cheat on their wives and call them "bitches". I've found pictures on his phone of a female he's never met before (he downloaded them off her facebook profile).

He's always making fun of big people when he's not even skinny himself. The other day we got into an argument and he said that I was acting like a dumb *****....he lies a lot..sometimes to the point where I don't even know when

He tells m that he wants to marry me,he loves me, and that he has changed and when It try to leave him,h**l take something of mine so I have to come back.. he makes me look bad in front of people like jokingly making fun of something physical and tells our business to his" female friends". He recently told me he got me pregnant on purpose one time (I had a miscarriage). He also got kicked out the military for being overweight, and now doesn't work and claims he's too good to work at MacDonalds???!!

Not to mention, he accuses me of cheating all of the time or tries to go through my phone. Now, I'm planning to leave, but I don't want to be suckered back in. I guess I just need some encouragement because I'm too embarrassed to tell anyone else! Thanks!

Ummmm seriously? Girl you need to run away as fast as you can. You know he's a liar, don't listen to him. Are you that naive? it's a no brainer you should not have anything to do with him....and you don't need me to tell you that.

Ohh boy, what a catch huh? I agree with smackie - run! He sounds like a horrible human being.

He's a bully, an abuser, a liar, a cheater and doesn't want to work. Any of these should be enough for you to want to leave this guy asap, so do yourself a favor and forget about him for good.

Whatever you thought about him and the fantasy you built up at the beginning of the relationship, marine, etc., is not true and you know it. He has nothing to offer you but ruin you self esteem and happiness and he will only get worse in time. No one can say enough and decide to live a better life without him but you.

You're 21. You have your whole life ahead of you. That said, you don't get these years back - I'm approaching the end of my 20's and I can tell you that I regret wasting time in relationships that made me feel bad, insecure and sad. They were not worth my time, my effort, my frustration or my tears. They say smart people learn from their own mistakes, wise people learn from other people's mistakes. So, maybe - when you have moments when you think you might get suckered back in - remember that this is who he is. Don't ever rely on a person changing - very often, they don't. He's a pervert, he's abusive, he divulges your personal business to people who are strangers to you, he has no regard for your a) privacy, b) feelings, c) well-being and neither he nor the company he kees have much respect for women, their own wives or partners. It's sad that you were even with this guy for any length of time, but we all make these mistakes and the upside is we do learn from them. But how much time you want to spend 'learning' is up to you. This is a time when you should be truly enjoying your youth and your opportunities. It's a time to grow, develop and pave the foundations for your future. My advice, be it regarding partners or friendships, is to end something that makes you feel like shit and to push the people who make you feel like shit as far away as possible.

Hes showing all the early warning signs of abuse. He has no respect for you, no empathy for your feelings, you know you cant trust him, he lies all the time and puts you down to others. Hes a cheat and he also controls and manipulates you. I suspect you are in danger from this man-eventually he will start physically abusing you too-hes already doing so in every other way and hes showing a lot of signs of narcissism. Get the hell out now. You can do so much better than this. Men like him should be castrated and hung upside down

I will also just add: I have no idea why so many people assume that army men are "good men". Fair enough some have no choice but to fight for their country in some countries but the ones who choose to go to war, to kill a ton of innocent people for their f**cked up government who usually have some monetary agenda are the worst men of all IMO. Every thread I have encountered so far about a military husband or boyfriend were all sex addicts who spent half their time in the army with strippers and prostitutes. Its like army culture.. I hope you used condoms
    Last edited by michelle23; 16-06-14 at 08:53 AM.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

He sounds like an absolute idiot! Leave him quickly, while you still have some self respect. If you stay yu will end up hating yourself and thinking there is something wrong with you.

If it is encouragement you need, it is encouragement I will provide. Because, bottom line, you deserve better than this. Anybody would. I mean, seriously, does this guy even have ANY redeeming qualities? Sure doesn't sound like it. You need to run. Run far, run fast, and never look back.

Then you need to take some time for yourself, because you need time to realize that you do not deserve to be treated like that. Otherwise, you may just wind up in the same situation and start to think perhaps it is your lot in life. Some day you will find a guy who treats you like his better half, the way any guy should treat his lady. Then you will really see how much better off you are without that loser in your life. Good luck!