+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want her back, want advice.

I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but it would probably be best to just keep your distance for now. If you try to remain friends, you are just going to be hurting yourself, and will probably just have an even harder time moving on and not just wanting to get back with her.

If it is what you both want, you could possibly be friends in the long run. It is kind of rare, but it isn't like it never happens. Still, it tends to be best just to move on from your exes and not even try to remain friends. But, either way, I wish you the best of luck in whatever you feel is right for you.

I agree, and you are right. I'm just gonna be nice and play it cool.

Quote Originally Posted by jcm View Post
    I have been talking with her this past week since my first post and it's not going well. She was with someone else rebounding pretty fast. Mind you, I rebounded fast too because she had put no-contact on me and I figured that she was already sleeping with another so I had my fun, but the sex lead to guilt and more depression and made me miss her even more because although the women I dated were beautiful, they weren't her! I did the "bitch move", and caved into confessing my feelings for her that I still loved her and I wanted to get back together. She told me she was with someone and even waited for him for 2 months to get back to her location and that really upset me.
    You're addicted to her, you don't love her and she doesn't love you. If you loved one another you wouldn't keep breaking up and then caving and going back to her our of fear of being alone.

Stop talking to her and let her alone to rehab from her and while she's gone your cold turkey withdrawl will begin and soon enough you'll be indifferent to her. Don't date right now because it's unfair of you to be wasting girls time when you're going through rehab for another woman. Wait until you're READY to really be with someone else.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

You're right Wakeup, I am addicted. Perhaps because I've spent 2 years of my life and she was new. How long could this cold turkey take. I tried for 3 months and caved again. It took me around a year to get over my last ex. To simply not care or be indifferent about her.

The longer you don't take the necessary steps to stop thinking about her when she pops into your head then the longer it will take for you to become indifferent to her. Work on yourself to be the best you that you can be... learn about being able to live happily on your own so that you don't need inappropriate, non-compatible women in your life. Learn to frame yourself as the prize and when some woman isn't making you consistently happy, then get the fk away from her instead of clinging to her for the sex which you likely mistake for love. There can't be anything of substance in your relationship with her or it wouldn't be off and on. It would simply be on and you'd be happy.

Know it, accept it and be convicted that you're done and you'll be more apt to NOT cave to your thoughts of her. Keep busy and pretend she's dead if that's what it takes for you to keep ZERO contact.

Time and what you do with that time will get you there.

G/L
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I just got off the phone with her and she asked me a question if I would ever spin a comment, "you turn me on so much you made me so hard" to my ex this past month who I was seeing. It didn't work out and I told her I didn't say such things but I did say this to her. She felt hurt and basically threatened to never call her again because what I say basically never sits well with her. She said if you call again, she'll put a protection order on me. So I left a message saying I can't believe you would consider me a deadly threat to you because something doesn't sit well. She also had an issue with me assuming things and she assumed here. I basically left a voicemail that I can't believe I fell in love with a teenage illogical person and frankly I don't care if she killed herself. Said bye and that's that. This is a narsisstic person to the max with no regard to anyone's feelings but herself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12