+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For a while I've had weight issues - Rant / help

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was a skeptic too. I was surprised at how much energy I had and how clear my thoughts became once the caffeine and fast-carb headaches subsided. Yogis and other ascetics have appreciated the benefits of fasting for millennia. If you are looking for hard data, look at the mouse studies that show increased longevity from being slightly underfed.

There is a lot of crap in our food and life. I'm no purist, but I do think its good to 'reboot' the system on occasion.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I was a skeptic too. I was surprised at how much energy I had and how clear my thoughts became once the caffeine and fast-carb headaches subsided. Yogis and other ascetics have appreciated the benefits of fasting for millennia. If you are looking for hard data, look at the mouse studies that show increased longevity from being slightly underfed.

There is a lot of crap in our food and life. I'm no purist, but I do think its good to 'reboot' the system on occasion.
    Ah, there's a difference between fasting and a juice cleanse. I fast regularly.

Of course, you feel energetic during a fast not because because you're no longer eating refined carbs (lol?) or because you're rebooting (lol???), but because it's part of the starvation response:

[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation_response[/url]

Sorry if I'm being a know-it-all prick and killing the vibe, but I respect you too much to let this slip.

I tried fasting once. Just fruit, veg, legumes and fish. Of all the things I had to give up, it was the lack of white tea which finally made me cave.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by KingZ View Post
    Ah, there's a difference between fasting and a juice cleanse. I fast regularly.

Of course, you feel energetic during a fast not because because you're no longer eating refined carbs (lol?) or because you're rebooting (lol???), but because it's part of the starvation response:

[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation_response[/url]

Sorry if I'm being a know-it-all prick and killing the vibe, but I respect you too much to let this slip.
    I'm not starving on a juice cleanse, so its not a true fast. My body doesn't shut down the way it does on no-calorie intake. I don't eat solid food, no carbs, meat or fat, which clears my digestive tract.

I use a mix of lemon, lime and grapefruit juice. I drink a lot of unsweetened mint tea, with senna at night. If I'm needing fuel, I add organic maple syrup. I do this for up to 10 days and feel great.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

The best way to lose and keep weight off is still a combination of diet and exercise. Dieting alone is not enough to keep the weight off. Many dieters who lost weight had gained it back within the year of losing it. Plus exercise has many benefits such as improving your cardiovascular function , increasing endorphin levels which can decrease stress level, increase bone strength, etc.

If you want to lose weight, do not skip exercise.
    Last edited by chinagirl; 17-06-14 at 08:03 PM.

And to add to Chinagirl, I know chics that lost weight without exercise and they look sort of lanky and not fit and sometimes even saggy. Working out tones your body and that's why I like it and its healthy. I'm this kind of person, I don't think people should pick a particular number (weight) they want to be. You should just get down to a size that you like on your body. Especially with women. I love curves as long as you fit but you have a body of a woman. Perfect.
    Also, a weight doctor told me what China advised, you have to exercise!

I am detoxing today and for the rest of the week btw.

Seriously - if you want to feel clearer-headed, more energetic, less bloated, hungry less often and lose weight in the process, try the primal diet. Veggies (mostly) fruits (less), meats (a little) and NO EFFING CARBS.

When you eat carbs, your blood sugar spikes, causing your pancreas to flood your system with insulin. Once the insulin hits, even if your belly is full, your body starts telling you that you need to eat something, and most of us (including me) do it. Additionally, Dr. Mark Lustig at UCSF firmly believes that sugars in general, and fructose in particular are bad for you...

[url=http://uctv.tv/shows/Sugar-The-Bitter-Truth-16717]UCTV - University of California Television[/url]

A good resource for Primal Diet info - includes a couple of free cookbook pdf's if you join: marksdailyapple.com

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Seriously - if you want to feel clearer-headed, more energetic, less bloated, hungry less often and lose weight in the process, try the primal diet. Veggies (mostly) fruits (less), meats (a little) and NO EFFING CARBS.

When you eat carbs, your blood sugar spikes, causing your pancreas to flood your system with insulin. Once the insulin hits, even if your belly is full, your body starts telling you that you need to eat something, and most of us (including me) do it. Additionally, Dr. Mark Lustig at UCSF firmly believes that sugars in general, and fructose in particular are bad for you...

[url=http://uctv.tv/shows/Sugar-The-Bitter-Truth-16717]UCTV - University of California Television[/url]

A good resource for Primal Diet info - includes a couple of free cookbook pdf's if you join: marksdailyapple.com
    I knew you were about to regurgitate Sisson's bullshit, ever since you made that retarded comment about legumes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I'm not starving on a juice cleanse, so its not a true fast. My body doesn't shut down the way it does on no-calorie intake.
    lol. Did you read the thing?

I'm not an acolyte of Sisson - But a lot of what he says makes sense. Also - it's worked for me (heavily modified). I'm back within BMI for my height, and at 45 years old, that ain't bad. My BP's "high normal" (I drink and smoke) but overall I'm fit and healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    I'm not an acolyte of Sisson - But a lot of what he says makes sense. Also - it's worked for me (heavily modified). I'm back within BMI for my height, and at 45 years old, that ain't bad. My BP's "high normal" (I drink and smoke) but overall I'm fit and healthy.
    What is "high normal" in terms of your BP?

Try google, supergenius.

In chinagirl's defense, nobody actually knows what "normal" means in terms of BP. She wants your specific numbers.

I'm sitting on a very relaxing 110/70 right now.

I know what she wants, and she's not entitled to them.

At your age, those numbers gibed with mine just fine. A life-time of abuse has brought my numbers slightly higher.

I just asked because the american heart association lowered the numbers for what is "normal" systolic and diastolic BP. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

And thanks KingZ.

No offense, chinagirl...

But frankly, they changed what used to be called "high normal" to "pre-hypertensive"... and frankly I find it alarmist. "pre-hypertensive?" at my age? **** them. I don't expect to live more than 20 more years. When does "pre" come into it?

They can suck my big johnson.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast