+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For a while I've had weight issues - Rant / help

I understand. Its just that nowadays, people think that if their BP is 125/85, they think that it is normal, but when you go to the AHA guideline, it's considered pre hypertension that requires intervention to prevent it from becoming a full blown hypertension.

Sorry if I offended you.

FWIW, I'm on a large dose of amphetamines right now; the coffee is a nice cherry on top. God DAMN I love mornings.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem with blood pressure is that the numbers don't mean anything. There are literally hundreds of possible causes of high blood pressure. Until you get into the 180s (systolic), it means nothing.

I understand. But you don't want to wait till you get to that number. There are a lot of commorbidities associated with chronic hypertension which can cause more problem than the hypertension itself.

Anyway, diet, exercise and lower stress can help resolve some of these issues...

You ever tried herbalife? Everyone I know that has done it has gotten good results.

I know my mom does it from time to time. Idk why because she is in her 40''s but she's fit. (she is another boisdevie, its not a hatred for overweight people, she just feels like its ridiculous for someone to let themselves go and their health out of control and to that level of being big) People think we sisters plus, well black don't crack lol....Anyway, it can be beneficial so I heard. BUT, still workout. You have to commit and realize weight and health is a LIFESTYLE change and that's why so many people fail at it. Get on a diet and workout regimen and stick to it. Its always hard at first but after while it gets easier. I know you mentioned you feel weird at the gym. What about a 24 hour one? Go late night or super early mornings when its not a lot of people there.

If you don't like going to the gym or even intensive workouts in general, just walk wherever you need to go instead of using the car or public transport. Walk or ride a bicycle. Always take the stairs rather than elevators (unless you need to reach floor 103 or something) It's as simple as that.

As for your diet, stop eating junk food and overly processed food and learn to cook - it's a lot of fun and you will feel better not only physically but also psychologically, eating well makes you happy. Stop drinking sugary beverages, stick to water and homemade fruit juice (no sugar added).

Figure out your required daily calorie intake and keep tabs on the calories you eat/drink every day, as well as the calories you burn with exercise every day (walking/riding a bike count as exercise). Keep below the threshold, without going too low or your body will enter starvation mode which will slow down your metabolism, and you don't want that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123