+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is classed as a long distance relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by kw86 View Post
    Wow I'm really surprised most of you think an hour distance is a big deal. My current girlfriend is 1.5 hour away and is a luxury. If money is an issue I understand it makes things more complicated, but imo an hour should not be a reason to end things.
    Things never were.

He was just "talking" to her and never met her.

@ Simpo: You are NOT getting mixed signals. In fact, I don't think she is even really interested in being a friend. It simply sounds like she's just too afraid to look like a bad guy so she's making all kinds of excuses to not continue on with you. Take the hint and give up on her. If a chick isn't jonesing to see you then NEXT her. Doing that is a very simple way for you to get rid of the flakes and get onto finding someone who won't need to make excuses why she doesn't want to see you. You've lost nothing... all you have been doing thus far is talking. Find someone else who is actually more interested to start talking with and forget this one. Remember the rule for future. Don't waste your time.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 17-06-14 at 10:37 PM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I would base it on whether the distance or time it takes to see that person is inconvenient in itself for the two of you to see each other as often as you'd like. That's a blanket statement, but a good start, I suppose.

FFS Dude:

whoever made the whole friendzone thing should be shot! I've been friendzoned far too many times already, soo tired of it.
    If you don't want to be friend to someone you want more with then for goodness sakes stop being a male girlfriend. If they don't want you the same way you want them then get rid of them out of your life. You're the author of your own misfortune so stop that shit and get yourself some boundaries and convictions and stick with them.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Punishing a girl isn't being a bad boy, it's being a sore loser, and you end up looking like a turd. Wake up is right. See your mistakes and makes changes. Being all bitter about it blaming everyone else has got you nowhere, now get off the pot and do what Wakeup has advised.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpo View Post
    whoever made the whole friendzone thing should be shot! I've been friendzoned far too many times already, soo tired of it. I'm really tired of girls saying that they are being treated badly by their boyfriends and want a nice guy for a change but then I introduce myself and they go straight after the bad boy again...
    Simpo, nice guys do get girlfriends...and not all girls like bad boys. You can still be a nice guy, but you've gotta get a girl thinking about you sexually if it's going to go anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpo View Post
    As for asking the girl out, she was busy last night and forgot to text me back so got a really sorry text this morning so I'm going to use this against her (slightly cruel but starting to feel that I'm being too nice for my own good) so I'm going to say that I forgive her but she need to make it up to me by letting me take her on a date, or something along those lines
    Oh FFS, that's the most stupid idea I've ever heard. You can't pressure a girl to want a date with you....you've got to woo her into wanting a date with you. However, with this one, it's probably already too late because you weren't sexy.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12