+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's my anniversary, and I'm angry

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How you feel is how you feel, HIA. Happy birthday and anniversary to you both.

You know there will be other anniversaries, and that you can celebrate later. But her dad is her *only* dad. I would be with mine too under the circumstances. She is where she should be.

Doesn't make it suck any less and it certainly doesn't mean she loves you any less.

But you already knew all this. I hope her dad/your FIL pulls through ok.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 18-06-14 at 09:21 AM.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I agree with Indi- if it were possible, she'd be there with you right now. And I know you'd be there with her if you were able to get time off. It's natural to be upset by something like this, and sadly there isn't much else to do but try to be supportive of her (like you always are) since it's where she needs to be.

And just think about the fact that she's most likely not going to just let it go by the wayside when she returns. She adores you as much as you adore her, at least from what I've seen her post on Facebook. I'm certain that once she gets back it'll be just as special as if it were on the actual day. And you probably already know that too, so I'm really sorry, man. Happy birthday, though, and remember- I'm here for you.

Hugs to you HIA. I can't add to the great advice you've already received.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I know... thanks everyone. I was blowing off steam so I wouldn't vent at her.

She's home now - but I've got to leave for work soon. *sigh* Oh well.

Date night tomorrow night.

Ahh, happy birthday! sad you can't be with your wife, but she obviously loves her parents and feels she needs to be there. Hopefully the two of you will have many unspoilt birthdays and anniversaries together in the years to come! Her parents may not be around that long...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12