+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Could it be?

Could it be?

I love this girl that works at another cafe (there's two of this chain in our city). As a delivery driver, I sometimes deliver to said cafe for guests to pickup. And I mean, I LOVE her (insert cliches about how I feel when I see her). Lately I've seen her twice whereas the past few weeks, I dunno where she was but definitely not working when I would be dropping by for delivery. And so in those two recent times, she's started to smile at me in a new way. Whenever I'd deliver in the past, she'd seem to always be aware when I was entering the store.

Anyway, I am wondering if this thing that happened today is indicative of mutual interest: was carrying a light order, just a box and bag, and she kept asking me if I needed help getting to the back area to store it until the pickup time. I was starting to feel kinda stupid for not maybe catching onto something there and thought it was too late but surprise! She took the bag out of my hand, kinda winked and said "Let me help!" and opened the door for me. So we end up being alone in the back and I tried to talk to her, started with "How's your morning been so far"?

Am I stupid for starting to think there's something? Wouldn't be the first time..
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

It's quite likely there's some interest on her part. Never any guarantees of course, but it's worth a shot.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Thanks! So how can I go about trying to gather more info to see if she does or not in a classy, dignified way?
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

You ask her out and if she says "no" then she's not interested. If she says "yes" then she is.

This time of social networking and needing to text someone ad nauseam before you ask someone out is causing too many young men that haven't had extensive Pick Up Artistry lessons to freeze like a deer in the headlights at the thought of outright finding out who is and isn't interested.

Good luck.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

That would be the right way to do it...except probably in the workplace cuz I would see them again for sure. I was thinking more about ways to gauge interest some more but mainly find out if she's single...Hard to believe an attractive girl like her would be single.

Good rule of thumb is just to assume she is interested. If she really is, you win. If she isn't, it doesn't matter anyway. It sounds like fear of rejection is just putting up a defense mechanism to keep your ego from getting hurt.