+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Thoughts on waiting until marriage

Thoughts on waiting until marriage

Should you wait or no? Did anyone here wait? how was it? Doesn't sex make the relationship more complicated?

No, did not wait. Would not date someone who wanted to wait. Lack of good communication is what complicates a relationship - not sex
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

not sure the stats on guys who wait over girls who wait until marriage but i didn't wait, and i only have one female friend who is 20 who is still waiting to have sex on her honeymoon.

why are you waiting?
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

I'm not even sure! I'm scared as if you have sex with someone its makes the relationship harder to end. Or you become eternity attached to the person you lost your virginity too. Or stds or unwanted pregnancies! or being in a relationship with someone for 20 years. am i wrong? do you regret not waiting?

ok, those are legit fears, but you pick the 1st person you give it up to , to be someone you know loves you then and cares about you, so you have a real friendship, relationship first and it isn't just about having sex, so if you move on from him you still don't feel regretful that he was your 1st. even if you waited and husband was your first, that marriage could dissolve and then you'd have to be with another and think badly about your 1st too, so.

for stds, be careful who you pick to have sex with, ask them to get a std test for you prior to sex, and ask them to wear a condom and you go on birth control to make sure no unwanted pregnancies.

go to a gyno and ask her questions.

no, i don't regret not waiting.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

simple question?: why is sex such an important thing? cant you do something else?? jw!

individual choices, no one thinks the same way. and no one should judge how someone thinks or feels if different, so if you want to wait, wait, it is YOUR choice, so don't worry about it, be confident in your decisions.
    William Blake

Justateen, I'm going to suggest that you're nowhere near ready to start having sex. When you're ready, your whole body and being tells you that it's right...and you're not there yet.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I think if you love someone, trust them and want to be with them sexually-then go for it. Use two forms of birth control like the pill and condoms (which also protects you from stds) and if he has had sexual partners before you-ask him to get tested first to be extra safe.

Sex doesnt make a relationship more complicated unless you are incompatible and have different sexual needs. You are not compatible with the bi guy coz he will want to bring men into your sex life or possibly an open relationship.. which is v complicated..

Sex and intimacy are part of a relationship. It does promote a better bond and trust and helps you both to fall deeper in ******bringing you closer over time (if its good sex and you enjoy it) but if you break up-you will get over it. You wont always be obsessed with him just because you lost your virginity to him

Anyway you should wait until your ready and if you want to wait for marriage-that is your choice
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Honestly, I wouldn't wait. But that's just me. Think about you- shouldn't you take the time to assess whether or not it's something you want? You're the only one who is going to have to live with this, remember...

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Justateen, I'm going to suggest that you're nowhere near ready to start having sex. When you're ready, your whole body and being tells you that it's right...and you're not there yet.
    I agree with this. Don't rush it. You have to be sure that YOU are ready. You'll know when the time is right. If you feel in your heart to wait until marriage: do it.

However, I personally wouldn't sign for a lifetime package agreement without reading the fine print, know what I'm saying?

I never waited , I had sex at 17 yo.

If you are not ready for sex yet, do not let anyone force you into it, only have sex when you feel the time is right, not before or for anyone else but yourself.
    It's not what you have, it's what you do with what you have that matters.