+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why do I have sudden disinterest in my boyfriend?

Why do I have sudden disinterest in my boyfriend?

When we started dating everything was great we never ran out of things to say we were always making each other laugh and it was completely comfortable. But after a while (like 4 months ago) I've started to notice we were starting to run out of things to say. Then came the complete disgust toward him. Where I loved the way he was before all thoughts of that were gone.

The way he cuddled was annoying and suffocating to me. He was constantly rough.
    The way he smelled used to be a pleasant aroma but now it just makes me gag.
    Just the way he is seems to be nauseating to me. I don't understand why its gotten this way.

And I fear he's getting abusive and controlling for example if were cuddling and he decides to put his head on my shoulder he'd not only put his head down onto my clavicle but he'd dig his chin into the bone causing me pain. And if I dared to correct him or ask him to adjust himself he'd get offended and shove me away.

Help?

Have you pointed out to him that it hurts, or gives you discomfort.

That's pretty strange. It seems to me that the disinterest is just you guys growing apart. It is rally common for couples to be great in the beginning, but fall apart with time. Or sometimes there is something/someone that takes your interest & makes you loose interest. However, the abusive part is unacceptable, if you think that he is getting controlling you should take some type of action before things get worse.

Good luck.

Are you still in love with him?

I told him I don't and I don't honestly think I ever have. Yet after all that I told him that I don't think were ever going to be happy together and he said that "I'm not going to let this end we ARE going to try to make this work"

I don't think he's doing this for us... I think he's doing this just because he refuses to lose.

Sounds like you just realized you two weren't as right for each other as originally thought. It's pretty normal.

Just tell him it's not working out and end it. If not you're gunna be miserable..

What is stopping you from telling him that its over?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Feelings change, the infactuation period of your relationship is over...and what is left is that you have nothing in common. The honeymoon period lasts from anywhere to 4 mons to a year and a half. During that time it's just infactuation, but it wears off, and if you don't have lost of things in common, shared interests and passions, it can't last for the long haul. That is why relationships end. It doesn't always end because you don't get along. fight or cheat, feelings just fade. Just end it, and be done with it.