+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Please it's long but really need advice

Please it's long but really need advice

I've been dating a younger man. He has a busy life due to a club hes in which takes up most nights. He's broken many plans due to this and family issues.
    We talk a lot via text and he said he loves me (tho was right after asking and receiving pictures which I sent.
    He said he would try and come over last night. Yesterday I asked if he could just let me know, no reply. 6.30 I sent a message saying I guessed he wasn't but dnt understand why didn't let me know and still nothin (he had read them). Later said I can't do this and explained reasons and he just said ok! This morning I sent a message explaining why I felt this way. He just responded with 'stop with the essays I don't have time to read them Hun' .
    I know in my heart I've done the right thing but keep thinking I was expecting too much and made a big deal of it. He said he loved me the day before but I'm really doubting it. Just need assurance I did the right thing?

I know it doesn't seem that big when I read back but I get close really really quickly and I can't understand how someone can be so attentive and sweet when with me then keeps letting me down. I asked before if he really wanted to see me as friends were saying he would make more effort and he said they were being dicks but surely someone can make time more than 4 times in 6 weeks even if they're busy and then to just let me down. He just seems not bothered at all that I've ended it when before kept saying he missed me and was falling for me and then said he loved me which I found hard to believe as not been long but tbh I got really close cz texting all the time too. Feel lost now. For the last 6 weeks I've thought of hi constantly :-(

Listen, if you are unhappy, get out. Your expectations are not being met, and don't expect it to get any better. Life is too short to be strung along in something that gives you very little fulfilment. You cannot make him be this wonderful attentive BF that wants to be by your side every minute.The writing is on the wall, you need to move on.

Thanku I know it's just hard because I can't separate the person he was when with me to the person that I think he is. He messaged back earlier and said he didn't have his phone on him but I had seen he had been on as it was on whatsapp. Couldn't not have his phone all day, all the way home and once out? I keep doubting myself and thinking I should have kept quiet because then maybe things would have got better but then I also think he was just saying what he knew would get him what he wanted. Just seemed so genuine when with me (which wasn't often) but doesn't exactly seem to be fighting to keep me so I know I need to just forget about it but really hard ATM (I really didn't expect him to be by my side every minute and understood his life but not to even tell me if or not he isn't coming over or not isn't too much to ask I dnt think) x
    Last edited by Confused1234500; 25-06-14 at 04:19 AM.

@ Confused if u don't mind me asking, how old r u? Just curious. Anyway I use to date a man just like this, he was a lawyer, extremely busy. He literally worked 16-18 hours a day, he has a solo practice so when I txt'd him unless it was an emergency, he would get back to me an hour or so later, in the beginning it bothered me but then I realized it just came with the territory. You just have to decide if it's something u want to accept or not because I doubt it's going to change. Good luck.

The second Post from OP. (I Know I'm needy but hope I've done right)

Read your Post to yourself. It's obvious, a young player 24yr and somehow you are so naive to believe all of his words. At age 37 you should know better and watch out for his actions and not his "I Love You".
    If men were God

Why would you date a big kid instead of a man your own age?

He didn't seem 24 in his ways, more mature than some people my age altho it appears I got that wrong. I suppose when u want to believe something so badly it's hard not to sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Confused1234500 View Post
    He didn't seem 24 in his ways, more mature than some people my age altho it appears I got that wrong. I suppose when u want to believe something so badly it's hard not to sometimes
    You are so low in self worth that you really do need to stop dating for the time being and work on yourself with either the help of a life coach or with yourself by doing things that boost your self-esteem.

You beg for the attention of men who take you for granted because they know no matter how indifferent they treat you, you're going to be all over them like white on rice and you're doing this "all over" way toooooo early, well before it's clear in his actions that he has emotionally bonded to you.

Change your dating strategy or else this is going to continue to keep happening to you. You give a guy zero challenge and so he gives you back zero concern whether you stay with him or you leave him.

Look to men more closer to your own age and station in life. A 24 year old male? Chances are he's just in it to brag about banging an older woman. Stop being "Siffler's Mom" from the movie American Pie. You want more then being a sex partner so stop just being a sex partner.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion