+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Love Triangle

Love Triangle

I've been with my boyfriend for a year and a half. We have a special bond, and I can really be myself with him. However, he has been really busy with school and work. I know I should be supportive, but I have been feeling neglected. Long story short, I kissed someone and he was furious. We have been speaking lately and he says that he is rally falling for me. I have no idea what to do I'm still only 19. Should I stay with the person who has loved and cared for me? Even if I feel like we are growing at different paces & I've been getting easily agitated with him lately? Or should I go to the new person who really wants a chance to with me? & who I also built a connection with over a short period of time? Someone help me please.

Move on of course! I agree you are too young to be stuck in a relationship. These are the best years of your life, to date, explore, and experience other people. Don't let his words hold you back, you need to live and be free.

Quote Originally Posted by Niecy21 View Post
    I've been with my boyfriend for a year and a half. We have a special bond, and I can really be myself with him. However, he has been really busy with school and work. I know I should be supportive, but I have been feeling neglected. Long story short, I kissed someone and he was furious. We have been speaking lately and he says that he is rally falling for me. I have no idea what to do I'm still only 19. Should I stay with the person who has loved and cared for me? Even if I feel like we are growing at different paces & I've been getting easily agitated with him lately? Or should I go to the new person who really wants a chance to with me? & who I also built a connection with over a short period of time? Someone help me please.
    I suggest that you don't make a habit of committing to one man and then kissing (or going further) with another and then being confused if you should stay with the one you committed to or not. You may be young and you may want to explore but there are far better ways to do that then the way you've gone about it this time.

I suspect that if you hadn't crossed a relationship boundary with this guy you kissed and you hadn't allowed yourself to become confused, then you would either stay and work it out with your boyfriend or you would have gotten the maturity to do the right thing and leave one before starting with another thus avoiding all this angst and confusion.

Figure out if you want to stay with your boyfriend and if you do, then tell him why you're unhappy and give him the chance to remedy. If you don't want to stay with your boyfriend then break up with him but for goodness sakes, don't do it for another boy. Do it because you're basically unhappy then once you've done some healing and you're ready, then and only then start dating again. Don't make what you've done here a habit.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

You need to take a break from both of them and figure out exactly what you want.