+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How often do you expect to be texted?

Me and my girl, we text eachother every day, true we are both busy with work so it takes ages for both of us to repy, but that's just it. You have to understand that your SO is actually busy and not simply ignoring your texts and replying later just to tease you.
    Don't everthink it, if the girl you're with actaully cares for you mate, you would feel her affection. If she's avoiding you - then you know what to do. And in this case it seems the like the latter one. For which I'm sorry. But seems to me that unless you call her up and talk it out, there's no way of knowing for sure, but seems like she has lost interest in you.
    Last edited by Archie; 14-07-14 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpo View Post
    So I've started texting this girl I like and all was well but noticed she takes ages to reply and I'm not too used to that due to previous relationships being quite frequent. Everything was going fine, texting each other over the course of 3 hours or so before she went to work or bed. Since she takes ages to reply I sometimes get a little impatient and text her trying to start a new conversation incase she has forgotten about the last text but this has annoyed her slightly.

She sent me a text saying she doesn't know if she wants to go on a date with me since I come across needy with the amount of texts I send... This really confused me since I don't send her more than 1 or 2 texts a day and I sent her a text on sunday and got no reply all day sunday, monday and nothing for most of Tuesday so I sent her another text asking how her day had been and she said it was good but I need to give her time to reply and wasn't sure if she wanted to go on a date if I was going to be needy.

Note: I keep seeing her pop up on facebook chat but unsure if her phone just does that when she has wifi. Also we agreed to go on a date couple weeks before this text so now I'm a tad confused. I didn't think I was being that forward or sending that much texts. She went on to say she is looking for someone who would send her just a couple texts a day, like a good morning and goodnight sort of thing. She is a nurse and works long hours and says her phone is one of the last things she checks thus lack of replying

Any advice or opinions on this?
    Have you ever heard of the telephone?

How often are you suppose to communicate?

I totally relate to not knowing how to communicate with your partner.

I am recently single after realizing I do not communicate enough with my partner. I am 28 years old and was with my guy for about 5 month until I called it quits due to the lack of communication in our relationship. I dont' feel like I am asking for much but when you go out of town I feel like we should say good morning and good night to each other- while not being in the same town, talk about what your doing for the day.. BUT I was in a relationship with a man/boy who is a selfish texter. Always on his time, he'll text me when it's convenient to him. We are SO good when we are together but when we're not it's hard to get on the same page. I feel like breaking up with him has only been harder cause I hear from him so much less. And I really do love him.

How often should we be talking to our partners? And is texting an okay way to communicate?

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Some people dont like to texted a lot. However, she is calling you names and she takes very long to reply. If a woman is interested in you, she will find a way to contact you. Regardless of her work hours, if she want to be with you, she will put in the effort to pick up her phone to call or text back.

Red flag: Dont date someone who starts out calling you names (needy). Its disrespectful and it leads to a dysfunctional relationship.

She want someone who texts a few things (good morning and goodnight). Does she come with her own personal relationship manual. Shes already controlling how she want things to be.

Move on

Never. I hate texting.

She has already called you needy so you are in trouble here buddy. If she's dealing with somebody who is half dead one minute, then get's some pointless text about the weather just to keep conversation going, it's going to irritate her and turn her off. She's liking the attention and support and will use you for it without even knowing she's doing it. You need to man up, show your intentions, ask her out, flirt more, be more playful, generally turn up the charisma and fun. It may seem risky but the reality is that your current approach is more risky, you will waste a lot of time and emotions on girls you never had a chance with.

Agree, with lost_man. Sometimes you afraid to be straightforward or girl are not so receptive and you back up, go for less. But thats a mistake. Much better results are when you go for what you want and girl see your clear intentions from beginning and you are not wasting her time and showing confidence by doing so. So dont be afraid. Be emotional and put some energy into girl make her feel the way you feel by doing so.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU HAD NO FEAR?
    Last edited by pcmaster; 23-08-14 at 10:36 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Lost_man and pcmaster do have a point so take that into consideration of how your approaching the situation. What the nurses have said in this thread is also correct, they are very busy but then again if they are interested they will find time to text back. Just let this one go, if you feel like texting her then change the whole situation by pretending to be a nurse yourself and relate to her. That way the conversation can let her express herself but do not take it seriously. She called you needy, thats usually something where you should say "whatever and goodbye" and find someone else who is more fun
    What you want sometimes may be your brain only seeking the comfort and satisfaction. But what you really want to do with your gut feeling, instinct and heart is reality.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12